While I'm away... vintage jewellery storage

I recently struck upon a rather splendid way to display my jewellery collection, on a vintage cakestand! Well actually this is a modern cakestand I made from vintage plates. And actually... when I say made, I mean I got my Dad to drill some holes in some vintage plates, and I simply screwed it together. (On a side note, I think I needed a gold centre for it, and it shall be replaced thus!)

But what about some pictures?



The top tier holds my bakelite bangles as well as a silver one of my mum's from the 1960s. Bangles are by far my favourite type of bracelet, and indeed the only type I wear, except for my mah-jong tile bracelets.

The middle tier has clip-on and screw-back earrings of all types, rhinestone, AB and Juliana-style ones, metal and shall ones; and plastic, faux pearl and bakelite ones. I have more, but I wanted to take a nice, non-crowded photo.

The bottom layer has some beautiful hairflowers by Rascal Kosher - a pair of orchid combs and a blue rose clip. I haven't had a chance to model them for her, but I will soon! You can just see the tip of a pair of 50s Bartex sunglasses which were a gift from Katherine Higgins of Antiques Roadshow fame, as a thank you for modelling for her at Goodwood!



Earrings a-plenty! The fruity Carmen Miranda style ones are probably my favourites. Sadly the little 'apples' are cracking all over and showing the white underneath - any ideas for restoration?

Fleur xx
DiaryofaVintageGirl.com


PS. 'While I'm away...' is a series of posts lined up before my long-awaited holiday. I appreciate all your comments, but I won't be able to reply as I am out of the 'office' for a wee while! Please do forgive the lack of creative collaging too. ;)

0 comments:

Post a Comment