In the swing of things

I really love swing dancing. Love it, love it, love it. I wish with all my heart I had started learning it five years ago as I could be so good at it by now! However, my best friend Gemma and I are apparently doing extremely well for people who've only been learning for a few months. We went to our first dances a fortnight ago, and actually danced with people not from our class ... and managed ok! So we were very proud. We also dressed up, and I did Gemma's hair for her. It was the first time she has ever 'gone retro'!



I did discover that it's impossible to take good pictures of people dancing, when you're new to photography. Particularly when you have your finger over the flash! ;)


See what I mean?

I'm going to miss it terribly for the next two weeks as I am off to America for a holiday. At least that is a good reason to miss it!

I'm off to Reno, Nevada and Phoenix, Arizona with my lovely mum for 10 days. Mum is an author of esoteric books, mainly about angels and self help/healing. If you're interested in such things, please do check out her website. She's attending a course in Reno while I check out the sights, and then we're off to Pyramid Lake, which is a Native American sacred site of some kind. Then to Phoenix, where I'm hoping to meet up with some vintage online friends and do some shopping and relaxing by the pool!

But before I go, I am busy, busy. I am off at 7am tomorrow morning to shoot with the incredible Rebecca Parker, who is one of my absolute favourite photographers, and I am SO excited about it. Worth the early start, for sure. Check out her stunning work on her site, and read her blog.



Then on Wednesday, I am sort of attending, and sort of modelling at the launch party for Nina's Hair Parlour's brand new salon. Nina's been kind enough to mention me in the press release so I am going to be networking my proverbial off. Next step, world domination! I'll try to update again before I go away. Toodle pip!

0 comments:

Post a Comment