Vrooooom!

Hello all!

I hope you've all had a good weekend? I have! I drove not one, but two ridiculously fast sports cars over the last two days. This may be entirely uninteresting to many of you, but if you like cars (like I do) then this is quite exciting. I have never driven anything bigger than my mum's elderly 1.9 Turbo Diesel Citroen ZX, and my own car is a tiddly 1.3 litre Ford Ka, but these two cars were in a different league entirely. One was a Mercedes SLK 55 AMG, which has a 5.5 litre V8 engine, and the other was an Aston Martin V8 Vantage Roadster, which has a 4.7l V8. Vroooooom indeed! Except I didn't go very fast in the Aston Martin, because I was petrified. It's worth more than my entire life! What if I'd scraped it on something? I think I managed to get it up to about 10mph before I chickened out. The Mercedes was at least automatic and very easy to drive, I did about 90 in that (which is what I do on the motorway in my Ka... but it FELT much faster, OK? Haha!). In case anyone does like to look at images of really super (modern!) cars, here they are:


(None of these are the actual ones I drove, but they are the right colour! The Aston has lipstick red leather seats so I matched perfectly!)

Anyway, enough about cars. Let's talk vintage and fashion! Firstly, today I revisited my style fail from exactly a month ago, but changed it a bit to make it a much more successful (in my eyes) outfit. Here it is:


Top is from Dorothy Perkins
Skirt was custom made for me by TopRunway on eBay
Booties from Century 21
Stockings are nude backseams from What Katie Did


It's only vintage inspired, really, the skirt has a 30s-ish shape (but not length) and the top has those 30s-ish sleeves (but too low a neckline), but the booties and hair are more 40s. So it's an amalgamation, but one that I liked far more than the previous incarnation. What do you gals think?

Next up, after teasing you with the preview, here are my favourites from my most recent shoot. I hope you enjoy them!





And last, but not least, here are all the rest. Click to see it bigger or follow the links to visit each one on Flickr, if you so wish!

1. glamour profile, 2. horizontal, 3. happy, 4. looking glass, 5. gloves, 6. swimsuit, 7. shadow, 8. all in the detail, 9. pensive


Have a good Monday, all!

Fleur xx

0 comments:

Post a Comment