Retail therapy

Well I have survived my first trip to the Hemsby Rock n' Roll weekend, and I did have a jolly good time, despite the rather extreme lack of energy for rocking, and indeed rolling, on my part.

I shall type up a proper review of my weekend tomorrow - illustrated with plenty of photos of course - but for now, let me share my only purchases with you all. I definitely opted for quality over quantity! These items were bought from the car boot sale which took place early on Sunday morning. It was worth dragging ourselves out for the start because I don't think these would have hung around for long!



My holy grail! Well, one of the many. I have wanted a natural-coloured wicker handbag all summer, to go with a beige pair of heels I have, but hadn't loved any I found enough to buy it. I have also been keeping an eye out for white ones with the pearly lucite trimming - not rare but again, I haven't found the perfect one. So I was delighted to find this one, which is absolutely the best of both worlds! Natural wicker, with amber, swirly lucite handles and trim! Splendid! And I paid only £15 for it... the lady selling it haggled herself down from £20 without me even opening my mouth!

The very same lady also had the stunning, art deco tea set for sale. It's by Midwinter, and I've been looking online all evening to find the pattern name, with no success. If anyone has a clue, please do pipe up! It's unfortunately not really usable since most of the pieces are crazed, but it's a fabulous set to display, don't you think? And it was only £4, so I can't complain!



So, in one fell swoop I had snapped up two marvellous things and reached the limit of my funds. Short, but indeed sweet. And I didn't get to buy any of the gorgeous Rascal's lovely items, though hopefully all her wares went to equally loving homes.

Do check back with me tomorrow, won't you; as I'll be sharing everything else I got up to over the weekend.

Nighty night!

Fleur xx
DiaryofaVintageGirl.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment