Marvellous Miss Bamboo

As I like to do from time to time, I'd really like to sing the praises of one of my fabulous sponsors today. She's been with me a wee while now, and is just a very lovely lady - super glamorous and beautiful, with impeccable taste when it comes to the dresses that she carries.

Ladies and gents (but probably mostly ladies)... Miss Bamboo!


As you can see, she is the best possible advert for her wares, looking gorgeous in a Trashy Diva 1940s style dress in tropical flowers. She carries a lot of TD dresses, which are all really good vintage reproductions. I have a couple myself. The rayon and cotton fabrics used to make these frocks is so authentic-looking (and feeling) - this black background print on Miss Bamboo herself is perfect for autumn.

Miss B & friends... I covet every one of these Tropical Birds pattern dresses!

She also does an amazing array of Hawaiian, Asian and Mexican-themed 1950s style dresses in beautiful barkcloth and cotton.

 saucy senoritas! 

 wonderful wahines! 

If dresses aren't enough for you (or, should I say if you don't want to stop at only clothing, and WHO DOES?), Miss Bamboo also carries a range of 1940s and 1950s inspired shoes, including a selection of drool-worthy Miss L Fire (SOME OF WHICH ARE ON SALE!), and accessories including Miss L Fire lucite handbags, which are a perfect repro of 1950s lucite purses.


Please go visit Miss Bamboo: as well as the site she has a Facebook page too (which I just realised I totally hadn't 'liked' yet... rectified!)

And just for good measure, here's a picture of me looking rather weirdly sad or grumpy at my best friend's wedding preparation... in a Miss Bamboo number! 


Still can't decide what to do with my fringe by the way. Keep or grow out?

Hope you're all having grand weeks!

Fleur xx
DiaryofaVintageGirl.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment