Horsing around

Yesterday, I had a leisurely drive down to deepest, darkest Kent, to attend the War & Peace show. I had never been before, and didn't really know what to expect, apart from lots of antique jeeps, WWII forces memorabilia, uniforms, and deactivated guns. And there were lots of all of those, no doubt about that! However, my main reason for going was to catch up with my old friend Jen, aka Bette Bongos, who is the one responsible for getting me my first ever pinup photoshoot; and to hang out a bit with Shona, Katie and Kaye, to say nothing of doing a few photographs with Mr Nylons himself.

Well, unfortunately, the weather absolutely scuppered our chance to do some 'proper' photos - I went to get myself a portion of chips (or fries, if you're in the Former Colonies) and as I went back to Shona's marquee to get ready, the rain started moving in so quickly that I barely made it inside before the heavens opened. It was a deluge of biblical proportions, and no mistake!

However, I did manage, before the monsoon, to persuade Shona to come with me and take some snaps of me on the Hop Farm's little carousel! The operator chap spotted us, but rather than telling us off, he insisted on turning the ride on, so we had even more fun after that! These two were taken while the carousel was stationary.


Vintage 1940s wrap/house dress, vintage black straw hat,
nude FF stockings and black Remix Briarcliff wedges.
Worn with black and green bakelite jewellery.


The dimple is an original too!
It was really windy, which is why I am clutching my hat already.



I haven't done much to these except slightly sharpen and boost the colour and contrast, the bright sunshine (at that moment!) did the rest.

Then the ride started up...


You can see from the ominous skies what was about to transpire!


Tally ho!


This one's my favourite of the bunch!
The contrasting sky really makes it, I think
.


We are very amused!

Finally, for a bit of fun I did some 'colourised' versions, because although I love the vibrancy of colour of the above photos, it's not very 'vintage'. So here are some that are more evocative of the Kodachrome era!


1. 2. 3. 4.


I went home quite soon after the rain dried up, and unfortunately my Remix wedges fell rather foul of the mud, literally. I hope that now it's dried it'll come off, and they won't be ruined. It was still a fantastic day and seeing Jen and meeting her son Leo made the whole thing even more worthwhile!

Enjoy your weekends, guys and dolls!

Fleur xx

0 comments:

Post a Comment