So I must become ... Derelicte!

So a couple of weeks ago, I went off down to Guildford to meet a photographer, the talented Nathaniel Renouf, and together we went off to a tiny village nearby to creep into an abandoned brick works. Part of it has collapsed, and we were careful to keep away from it as it's pretty likely that there is asbestos in the roof, but the rest is solid, and we were really spoiled for choice as to where to shoot. A few days before, Nathaniel had come down to investigate, and he stumbled across an outhouse, inside which, it appeared that someone had abandoned an entire pantomime set, bits of scenery, loads of mouldy old costumes and several fantastic, rusty old trunks. I didn't see it as it was hard to get into, but he did find a script from a Punch and Judy show, dated to the early 80s, so that must have been when it was dumped!

Anyway, he pulled out some bits to use as props, and I brought along my good self, lots of floaty scarves and pretty dresses, to deliberately contrast with the background, and some flowers. Nathaniel is very keep on motion capture and I had some fun flinging things about, and I can't wait to show you all the photos. But Nathaniel had to shoot off abroad and has sent me two photos from the shoot to keep me happy, so I thought I would show them off here! I'm posting 'em big, as I think they need to be, to get the full effect.



Here I am, in my very first ever proper Swirl dress (I had a home-made repro one before, and didn't realise that was what it was until I got this one!), waving a chiffon scarf about. Amusingly, this was the first or second take, and we spent a fair while after with me brandishing the scarf to try and better it, but we didn't manage to! Funny how that happens sometimes!



And here I am in my now infamous pinafore dress, surrounded by abandoned pantomime ephemera. I was pretending to be a girl running away with the circus or something, hence the wistful look! I do like to create characters for myself in shoots, it makes for much more interesting expressions.

So those are just two which have whetted my appetite for more! I am delighted with them, something a bit different from the norm, anyway. Do leave me a comment and let me know what you think. :)

Obey my dog!*

Fleur xx

*PS. Yes, Zoolander is one of my favourite films.

0 comments:

Post a Comment