V.I. Buys - more shoes! And today's outfit

Hello lovely readers! It's been a bit quiet on my blog recently, sorry about that. I carried on getting things done last week, got lots of stuff planted in the garden - a gorgeous yellow rose, some variegated mint, lemon verbena, thyme, petunias. The mint was delicious on the potatoes I just ate (I'm supposed to be avoiding carbs after 6pm, but I just can't resist Jersey Royals!). I saw Drag Me To Hell on Thursday and then I had a shoot on Friday, THEN I went out dancing that evening. I just found a couple of shots of me and my best friend from that night doing a stroll!


I'm in a 40s pinafore and Gemma's in a lovely Vivien of Holloway sarong.


I look like the tallest person in the room! I may have actually been (at least doing the stroll)!

This is the stroll we're doing:


Although I have to say, I don't do it nearly so stylishly. Maybe after another few years of practice! My friend and I are actually coming up to our year anniversary of swing dancing. Oh, how I wish I'd taken it up years ago! I could be as good as the ladies in the video by now (maybe)!

I shot in that very outfit, and in another Swirl dress and my yellow platforms, and I cannot WAIT to get the shots back as they were truly fantastic - the location and props were perfect. I also had a paid shoot on the Saturday which went very well. If only I got them more often!

So I haven't spent much time on the computer since my last post and I didn't manage to find any new vintage inspired clothes or shoes. But luckily I can't stay away for long! And I was informed about some great shoes at Barratts by the lovely Miss Matilda. At very reasonable prices and going up to a size 9 (11 US), these shoes are great for any gal and any budget!



The floral wedges are again reminiscent of Carmen Miranda type 40s platforms and are on sale for £30, and the 40s inspired platforms at the bottom are just £15. Go and snap some up now!

To finish, this is me today:


I'm in my repro dress from Lipstick Vogue, with a modern belt that's a bit big to be strictly period correct, but never mind. I was pleased with my hair today - it was styled with Hot Sticks and it lasted through a mile walk to the station, luckily without much wind!

That's all my news for now really! Is anyone else dying to see Public Enemies with the divine Johnny Depp? Ooh, by the way, I got my Trashy Diva dress yesterday, finally, it's lovely and worth the wait. And OH! Do you remember me mentioning a delicious black velvet 40s suit that I bought from Violetville Vintage, which vanished into the (postal) ether back in February? Here it is:


It's amazingly just turned up back at Violetville HQ! I have immediately rebought it and it's on its way over to me (again) now, keep everything crossed for it to get here safely. Yippee! Thank you lovely Tina at Violetville for being so wonderful, I don't think I've ever come across such fantastic customer service before or since!

What did I miss in my absence? I am catching up on my Google Reader now, but it may take a while!

Lots of love,

Fleur xx

0 comments:

Post a Comment