A most splendid shindig!

Also known as my 28th birthday bash!

One of my many lovely birthday cards!

Next Tuesday, I will be turning a year older, and as a friend of mine, Mr Torquil Arbuthnot, was conveniently born only a few days before me, we decided to get together and throw a party to mark the occasion. It was last night, and I have just about recovered from both the fabulousness, and indeed the alcoholousness! I had the most wonderful night; so many of my lovely friends turned up and showered me with cards and pressies. I'm a lucky girl indeed!

Here's what I wore for the occasion:


It's a rather delicious black crepe dress, with a sequinned top and peplum. I had to add a belt, but will try to find a better, vintage one - this was just a new, plain satin one. I wore it with my black manhattan heel stockings and my divine Georgina Goodman shoes. The lovely lady in the photo with me is Miss Minna, Torquil's better half. Here's me with the birthday boy:

I'm trying to artfully arrange chocolate brownies, made by my own fair hand!

I managed to snap some pictures of my incredibly stylish vintage friends all looking absolutely amazing!






These three were taken by me - the rest were pinched off another friend's Facebook!


The creators of The Sophisticate's Diary,
a blog you should be reading, if you aren't already!


Please do have a look at my Flickr for more photos of the night, if you are so inclined. I leave you with a picture showing off my cards and gifts!


Oh, go on then, just one more. I know some if you think I am so classy and elegant... I beg to differ!


CAAAKE!

I'll be back again later this week, after my birthday proper. Hope you all had weekends as splendid as mine?

Fleur xx

0 comments:

Post a Comment