Busy as a bee

Well, I must say, this week has been a most productive one so far! I have taken the week off work, with the aim of getting some things done that have been being put off for a long time, literally years in some cases! So far I have:

♥ Serviced and MOT'd my car
♥ Mowed my lawn
♥ Finally had a new kitchen floor put down
♥ Visited my best friend, sister and niece
♥ Cleaned and hoovered the car
♥ Bought paint, brushes, sandpaper and all that paraphanalia
♥ Done about 74 loads of washing
♥ Been for Afternoon Tea
♥ Gone for a midweek drink with friends
♥ Caught up on sleep
♥ Replaced the loo seat that broke a few weeks ago
♥ Lost 3.5 pounds (er... probably not any more, since the tea yesterday!)

Many things still remain to be done, namely the painting itself, cleaning the house from top to bottom afterwards, putting away the clothes mountain that has accumulated following my washing blitz and weighing myself... but I think I'll do that tomorrow as I am off out dancing tonight!). But I am so pleased to have achieved so much, particularly the flooring job, because that's the one that has taken years. Four, to be precise. Since I moved into my flat, and pulled up the old floor, meaning I have been walking on disgusting old stained chipboard since then. But the rest of the kitchen has been decorated nicely for all that time! Behold, my finished kitchen!



(By the way, this blog entry is brought to you by my iPhone camera, since I forgot to charge my proper one!)

Not all of my blue items match, but they look nice enough together. The finishing touch will be red/white gingham curtains at the other end, and I will show you all that as soon as it's done.

The second-time-in-a-week tea trip was in honour of my mum's birthday - I was supposed to take her a couple of weeks ago, but she fell and bashed her face and had a bit of a black eye, and was generally not really feeling up to it, poor thing. We went for the Belgravia Tea, with a glass of champagne and fresh strawberries to start, and as it was the same place the chap took me last week, the staff and the piano player recognised me! Last week, he came over and complimented me on my dress, saying his mother had had one just like it (she died in the 50s apparently). I didn't take any photos on that day, but it was this dress:



It was made from in 1946 from a Simplicity pattern (or at least the pattern was published that year) and I know because I saw the pattern online! This time, he complimented my dress and my shoes, and insisted we make some requests. We asked for 'Buttons and Bows', which was sung by Jane Russell in the 1948 film The Paleface - it's one of my mum's favourites!

Here we are with our bubbly!



And here's the tea tray of deliciousness!



I wore my green gingham Swirl and my white Rocket Originals wedges, and took this rather poor photo in the fancy bathroom of the Lanesborough!



I'm off dancing now, but hope that I can report back that I got everything done that I wanted to this week. I have a shoot on Friday too, so do keep checking back for some new modelling pictures.

Bye for now!

Fleur xx

0 comments:

Post a Comment