V.I Buys - Able Grable

Thank you all so much for your birthday wishes, they really made me smile!

I thought I'd do a bit of a special V.I. Buys today! My lovely friend Miss Matilda has just done what most of us only dream of doing, and has just launched her very own vintage reproduction line, Able Grable. The first dress in her collection is a divine 30s satin number, dubbed The Betty Amanda, and made from an original pattern.



Here's what the website has to say about it!

The one you have been waiting for. Our House Model is the Divine Miss Betty Amanda after whom our first frock is named. She's a real choice bit of calico, a flesh and blood angel!

Every gal should have a little red dress, right? Here's your little red dress with a twist.

The frock is made from satin trimmed in pure white.

Designed to accentuate your curves from a size small to an XXXL.

Every gal can be an Able Grable!

The frock has been created long. This is so you can make it shorter, as Able Grable was so fed up of short shorties!!

This way you can decide how you'd like to wear it.

Go by the bust and waist on this frock, the hips should have room so that the skirt swishes when you walk.

The cute little white belt can be adjusted also.

To order or for further information please email. Strictly first come first served so form an orderly queue gals!

This frock is strictly limited to 12, created out of the love of the past by one dedicated Lady for all you other Able Grables out there!

They will not be made again!

Payment, by paypal, UK cheques.

Postage to the UK £6.00

Overseas £10.50

Fully insured and tracked.

And here it is modelled by the unutterably perfect Miss Amanda Lee aka JitterbugDoll, Able Grable's gorgeous house model.



Do have a look here for more pictures, sizing information, and most importantly, how to get your mitts on one for yourself! Able Grable dresses are going to be strictly limited, no more than twelve per design, so you're never likely to see someone out in the same frock as you, which can be a worry at big dos. I can't wait to see what she comes up with next!

Plus, if you're quick off the mark, you can enter the competition on Miss Matilda's blog to win a rather spiffing package of goodies, including a 40's vintage hat, a vintage garter made by the company that made Queen Elizabeth II's wedding garter, What Katie did Knickers, Vintage Knickers and more!

The goodie package in all its glory!

But be quick as the closing date is tomorrow morning at 9.00 GMT ... I meant to post about it earlier this week, but it kept slipping my mind (sorry Miss M!).

In other news, I got some lovely presents from my chap, including a Morticia corset from What Katie Did, and an absolutely wonderful french catalogue from 1932, which I will be sure to post some photos of. It even has a page full of little fabric swatches - it's just amazing. And the tea went without a hitch, unlike last time! But I didn't take any pictures. Never mind, it was as delicious as you might expect! Then I went to see Terminator Salvation ("How civilised!" I hear you cry!) which was entertaining enough, until the end, which was just plain silly. I am going to see Drag Me To Hell this weekend, which I have higher hopes for.

Until then, have a good weekend, dear readers.

Fleur xx

0 comments:

Post a Comment