Sweet and savoury

First up: the sweet! The very lovely Punk in Writing asked me for the recipe to the chocolate and peanut butter swirl I made for Easter, so here it is. It's my mum's favourite sweet of mine, and it's VERY tasty and VERY fattening, so make at your own risk!

Chocolate & peanut butter swirl

360g (13oz) white eating chocolate, chopped coarsely
1/2 cup (140g) smooth peanut butter
400g (14oz) dark chocolate, chopped coarsely

♥ Line a 20cm (8") square cake tin with baking parchment.
♦ Melt white chocolate in a heatproof bowl over simmering water until smooth.
♣ Remove from heat and cool slightly. Add peanut butter and stir until smooth.
♠ Melt dark chocolate in the same way, cool slightly.
♥ Starting with the dark chocolate, pour about a quarter of each mixture into the pan at a time, alternating between dark and white.
♦ Pull a skewer through the mixture, first horizontally, then vertically for a marbled effect. Your tin of mixture should now look like this!



Then, just leave it to cool. I tend to pop it in the fridge but if you have the time, you can leave it to set at room temperature - it'll take 2-3 hours. If you do put it in the fridge, make sure it has warmed up to room temp before you cut it or it tends to splinter. Unless you don't care about presentation and just want to scoff it as it is (and who would blame you?)! But it looks so effective in little squares and makes a great gift. Ta-daaa!



Now for the savoury. Well, actually it's just some photos of me and Miss Cherrylicious from Sunday's Burlesque Brunch to share with you! I'm modelling Valkyrie Corsets and hats by Tricia Cox which I didn't consider when I did my hair for the day, whoops. So I had to use the small top hat at a prop instead! These were taken by my lovely friend Nicole.



That's all for now, I shall be back later in the week for more V.I. Buys and, fingers crossed, some shoot pictures to show off.

Adieu!

Fleur xx

0 comments:

Post a Comment