New feature: V.I. Buys

So, I wanted to make this blog a little less about the (oh-so exciting!) life of me and a little more informative and helpful to those girls out there who are wanting to add a bit more vintage style into their lives. Goodness knows my mind is a treasure trove of information on the best vintage inspired (V.I.) fashion and reproduction vintage brands, some of which are common knowledge, but some of which aren't, and should be! I'm calling it 'V.I. Buys', and though many of these will be actual reproduction vintage, 'V.I. Buys' has a better ring to it, I feel!

So, without further ado, here is the first instalment of my new feature!

First up, it's the new line of 1940s swing trousers from UK designer Vivien Of Holloway:

They're a slightly different cut to her original 1940s sailor style ones, with pleats and no buttons. I need to go in and try some on, and get myself one of the cute peasant tops, too!

Next, some very vintage inspired tops from my favourite high street shop, Dorothy Perkins.

I actually have some of these myself: the lilac pointelle cardigan and the black fluttersleeve top, which, although is a bit too low cut to pass for anything but a modern top, does have those lovely 30s-inspired butterfly sleeves. DP do marvellous knitwear, and lovely detailing like pintucks and bows, and best of all, it's really good quality ... unlike some other highstreet brands.

The ditsy print tie-front blouse would look wonderful with some cream high waisted trousers, or with some red sailor shorts from Tara Starlet for a summery pinup girl look:

This is a good alternative to a playsuit, too, if like me, you have a long torso! The red wedges are also from DP, and have a nice small peep-toe, which is more authentic than the wider ones you often see ... unless you're going for a 70s look! I thought they'd go brilliantly with a wicker handbag, either in white to match the buttons, or natural to match the raffia of the wedge. What do you think?

And if you're looking for a skirt to wear with your vintage inspired knitwear, look no further than the wonderful Sophistikitten. In her own words, "Sophistikitten started from a love of the fashion and style of the 1930s, 40s and 50s and a search for the perfect pair of French knickers.

Sophistikitten is based in England and all items are lovingly designed and made to order in house. Garments are not mass produced in sweatshops by exploited workers which means that you, the customer, can order a unique, quality item with a clear conscience.

In crafting the ranges I can indulge in my love of high quality materials. Searching for the perfect fabric means that I am able to offer you clothes in materials hard to find in mass produced garments. Beautiful gabardines, crepes, silks and satins form the basis of my collection. From time to time I am also able to offer unique vintage material."

If her vintage style french knickers, made from stunning, authentic materials, weren't enough, she introduced Sophistikitten's Skirt-O-Matic last year. Offering fully-lined pencil skirts with customisable trim and detailing like belt tabs and embroidered arrowheads, these skirts are a true work of art... and I have no idea why I don't own one yet!



Photos are © Sophistikitten and Vanessa Whyte, model is the glam Miss Honey Lulu.

That's all for now, let me know what you think of my new feature, and if it's a success, I'll be back next week with more!

I hope you all have a wonderful long weekend, and make sure you scoff lots of chocolate, won't you?

Tinkety tonk!

Fleur xx

0 comments:

Post a Comment