V.I Buys - playsuits & swimwear

The sun is out, so this week I am mostly thinking about skimpy things and swimwear! Playsuits are really all the rage at the moment, they're absolutely everywhere. I, unfortuntaely, can't wear off-the-peg playsuits, because I'm extremely tall, and this has translated to a longer than average torso. Something shop-bought neither looks good nor feels remotely comfortable, if you catch my meaning! But luckily salvation has come in the form of Big Beautiful Barbara Brown, a rather wonderful reproduction clothing company based here in dear old Blighty. BBBB has appeared on my blog before, but a while ago now, so I thought I'd mention it again as a wonderful source of all things retro and feminine. And she makes to measure!

This is the one I have:



(Photo by Toby Key)

But I absolutely love and covet this one too:


It would be perfect for a summer pinup shoot, surrounded by hay bales and suchlike, don't you agree? My blouse with the duck pattern is also from her:


(Photo by Rebecca Parker)

She has an incredible choice of vintage inspired and repro dresses, as well as gorgeous separates, swimwear, evening-wear and accessories, so I advise that you all check out her site without delay!

Moving on to mainstream brands, if you, unlike me, are blessed with average proportions, a really cute playsuit can be found at Motel Rocks.



It's very vintage inspired and has that cute sweetheart neckline and shirred back, and the print is lovely. Sigh!

And last, but by no means least, for this week of V.I buys, is this cute retro bikini from ASOS. It's on sale, too!



Signing off, apologies for the lack of an entire outfit but nothing I found during my rather hasty researching came on a convenient white background, haha... normal service will return next week when I have more time! ;)

Fleur xx

0 comments:

Post a Comment