Cars, caravans & candy stripes

Step this way and into my blog post all about the Haslemere Classic Car Show!



It was a scorching day, but a lovely one, with so many things to see and do. The absolute highlight for me was finding (and being allowed to pose inside) a fully-restored 1948 caravan, found abandoned in a farm shop undergrowth! Somehow, I didn't manage to photograph the exterior, so here are some details, including the caravan mascot, and a portrait of the lady who used to own it!


I think you'll all agree with me when I say that the interior decor is to die for!


 I was there in my traditional role to judge the best-dressed car and driver category. For me, this amazing machine with its union jack bunting was the clear winner (but wasn't the overall victor):
 

This stunning black Vauxhall won the 'People's Choice' award!


Even partners Haslemere Wardrobe were selling some lovely bits (although I don't think the roaring trade they did on fur coats last year was being repeated.. phew it was boiling)!


I did my bit awarding prizes to best-dressed ladies, who all looked absolutely fab!


Lovely Jane the organiser got a beautiful bouquet of flowers from her other half. Lovely!


And of course, I got a chance to do a bit more posing (as if I needed to do any more...), this time in Mario the Multipla! He's the big brother of the mini motors of the 500 Touring Club, and can be found every year at the Goodwood Revival, acting as a taxi to people of every shape and size! Love him!


First outing this year for my fabulous, candy stripe 40s skirt, purchased from Violetville Vintage, the same boring old rolled-up top as showcased in my post on Sunday... and my very old and very faithful white Rocket Originals shoes!

As you can see, I did my hair up and with a row of rose hairclips in complementary shades of pink and cream... I think I called it Frida Kahlo meets English Rose in my sneak preview... which sums it up pretty well, I think. I'll be doing this 'do again, that's for sure.

There was one final, crucial accessory in my sunny day arsenal, though.


Well a girl's got to protect her already farmer-tanned and semi-scorched skin I mean lilywhite skin!

Do check out the HCCS site... thank you Jane & James for having me back.

Fleur xx
DiaryofaVintageGirl.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment