Ruffle kerfuffle

I recently had the pleasure of modelling the Late Summer Afternoon Dress from Puttin on the Ritz! This little lovely is honestly the most flattering frock I've probably ever worn - it fits me like a glove and hugs every curve perfectly, making me feel absolutely fabulous! But let me show you the evidence...

This darling dress is made from a high-quality powder blue cotton with a white floral motif. It's actually quite a weighty, thicker cotton, so though I'll be wearing it to death next summer, it's actually going to be quite good for the autumn. The gently flared skirt has four gores, and it's good for twirling, as I have already established this past weekend (albeit twirling to very unseemly heavy metal...)!


It's just the ticket for lounging on country gates, wearing red, white and blue accessories!


The bodice is loose with gathers below and on the yoke. The sweetheart neckline is so flattering, and the ruffle sleeves are the stuff of my frocky dreams. You know me and ruffles!



As you can see, the fitted midriff has a point at the top and bottom.So chic! I don't have anything with this ever-so-slightly dropped waistline, as I was never sure it would suit me. But it would seem it does!



The back is finished with a little buttoned keyhole, and my bulky runner's calves...  but seriously you lot, it's the little details that set Puttin on the Ritz's stuff apart from most of the other brands out there. It truly is the bees knees and worth every penny.


I hope you'll all agree that this is an exceptionally lovely dress, and it was an honour to model it. Go and pay Puttin on the Ritz a visit and have a drool over all their lovely wares. I can't wait to get my Spying for the Allies suit out again!

Fleur xx
DiaryofaVintageGirl.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment