Stick of Rock, Cock?

I realised late last night that I never posted any of the smashing photos from last month's rather good New Sheridan Club Summer Party, so it's about time I rectified that. Here goes!


For those that don't know, the NSC has two big parties each year, in addition to the monthly meetings, and this year's summer instalment had a seaside theme. Kiss Me Quick took place at the newly opened and thoroughly fabulous Tea House Theatre in Vauxhall, south London. This historic venue used to be a notorious and very seedy strip joint called the Queen Anne, and last year, two friends of mine, Harry and Grace Iggulden took it over and utterly transformed it. It's now, as its name suggest, a tea house by day, serving tea, coffee and unbelievably good cakes; and will be a theatre by night. Grace runs parent and baby and knitting groups, too. Go and visit their Facebook page to have a look, and please do visit if you're in the area! It was the perfect venue for a very British themed celebration, and, as is the custom for NSC parties, there was much drinking, themed costumes galore and silly games throughout the night. I went along with Bethan and we had a marvellous time!


 The wife and I went for a gender-bending seaside stroll. 

 This super fun game involved using a wooden seagull to try and grab chips from a straw boater. Bethan and I did some Chap-style cheating on her go, it got us disqualified... however when it was my turn... 


 
I actually won, fair and square after nabbing an astounding four chips on one go and three on another swoop! Other games included the Knobbly Knees competition, which I didn't win (the knee support foiled me, I fear)...


The 'shooting at something with a pirate eyepatch on' game (I wasn't there yet, so no idea...)

And the Grand Raffle, in which I won not a sausage...


But, thanks to my efforts in the seagull game, I did take home one prize....



The seagull itself! I even managed to get him all the way back to Mafia Towers, despite consuming large amounts of prosecco.


And since you're dying to know about our outfits, Bethy is sporting the red, white and blue Fleur dress, perfect for a nautical theme, and my outfit is from Miss Hussy, an Australian company which sadly, doesn't seem to be trading any more. Mr Rillo Razca is wearing vintage black tie, of course (and a rather dashing new moustache!). All the photos were taken by Clayton Hartley and the rest of the set can be found here.

Do visit the New Sheridan Club, and also the lovely Tea House Theatre if you get a chance, two places that everyone should visit when in the Big Smoke.


Fleur xx
DiaryofaVintageGirl.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment