All a-Swoon

Hi all...

I'm still here, although I'm feeling very down about a few things at the moment, and not much like blogging about my 'glamorous life', as it's rather lost its sparkle at the present time. That's why time between posting seems to be getting longer and longer... I'm sorry. Anyway, enough moping, let me tell you why I'm really posting! I can't bring myself to post anything I have done recently, so let me tell you all about someone else instead.

I just wanted to pop in as I recently 'rediscovered' an old favourite designer, and I wanted to tell you all about it. I say 'rediscovered' as I wear my purchases from them a lot, but haven't visited their store in ages. I will say that although I do get a lot of lovely freebies, I only ever review or promote companies and products I genuinely love. In this instance I have not been given anything by this particular company, I have only ever been a customer to them.


The company is called Swoon Lingerie, and never has a name been more apt since the mere sight of the lovely designs sent me all a-flutter. I first discovered Swoon on Etsy, where they do still have a store, although head designer Gerry told me she is now focussing more on her website.



I was captivated by the beautiful fabrics, whimsical designs and great copywriting that accompanied the listings. Each vintage-inspired piece marries two different but complementary fabrics, which are always crisp 100% cotton. While some of the prints used are more contemporary, there are a lot of golden-era themed fabrics on offer, novelty ones, delicate florals and so on. Even some actual vintage fabrics... one of my purchases features a lovely, semi-sheer 40s or 50s cotton. There are some beautiful confections on offer, from knickers to bras, to laundry bags, and I adore the bloomer-style sleep pants and the camisoles. On the same page as the latter, though, are my favourite Swoon designs - 1930s style camiknickers. I own two sets of Swoon camiknickers, which I wear as nightwear although they'd be fabulous to wear underneath looser 30s style dresses.

And I have even worn one set on a shoot... many moons ago...


(Photo is by Chris Drzymalski)


I did send these photos to Swoon after I did the shoot and I'm delighted to say that I've starred on their Etsy store ever since! The uppermost fabric of my camiknickers is the vintage one I mentioned earlier... it's so soft and patterned with tiny cameos.

Please do go and have a look at the Swoon site. They have a vast stock of vintage style fabrics available for you to choose from, so you can always mix and match between prints on existing garments. They also make items to your measurements for no extra cost, essential if you're tall and long like me and want a pair of camiknickers! Everything is hand-made with love and care in an atelier in the Scottish Highlands, and the quality and customer service are second-to-none.

Highly recommended in every way. Oh and if you like what you see, please become a fan on Facebook too, as I just did!

Lots of love,

Fleur xx
DiaryofaVintageGirl.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment