Shenanigans & a sorry

Hey fabulous people of blog land!

Sorry it's been a bit quiet round these parts, I'm going through some things at the moment and don't feel much like blogging... although I am not going to let it stop me for long! I can't let any more of the week pass without showing you some photos of my frankly fantastic birthday party last Saturday. I shared the occasion with my dear friends Torquil Arbuthnot and Fruity Hatfield-Peverel, who also had a splendid time. All over for another year! I didn't take many pictures sadly, so here are a few that I did!



There were gorgeously attired friends, who sang me a helium-filled happy birthday (Darhling is breathing in, not blowing!), and who performed burlesque for us! We had the stunning Emerald Fontaine, the tempting Tallulah Tempest and the vivacious V.J. Spankie who all wowed the crowd, which included some of my oldest and dearest friends (Hello Jo, Jo, Katherine, Stacey, Paul and Steve!) who had never seen burlesque before.



I was absolutely delighted that my lovely vintage friend and fellow blogger Jeni Yesterday Girl could come. She asked if she could bring a friend, little did I know her 'date' was the equally lovely, also fellow blogger Stefanie Valentine!! Such a wonderful surprise! Thank you both so, so much for coming girls, and for bringing me such a lovely gift. I can't wait to see you both again. Jeni and Stefanie have also been much more on the ball than me and have already posted blogs about the party. I'm sure many readers will have already read them, but if you haven't, click their names to be taken to the respective posts, full of more photos!

The rest of the lovely, and splendidly-dressed people in the photo are, clockwise from top: Lord Compton-Bassett and The Conte from the New Sheridan Club, Mr Bounder Wax himself and his gorgeous wife Kezia (who was looking enviably resplendent in a blouse from NudeeDudee on etsy, several of whose creations I aspire to own one day), and Hal Iggulden and his beautiful wife Grace.



Last but by no means least, photos of yours truly: me with the Whisting Tailor, looking the bees knees in a sports coat made by his talented self from 1950s Huntsman Tweed (any suit-loving chaps reading this, go and look at some better photos here); me with the simply stunning Agness (who took my photo for the Watercress Line Calendar, and who is pictured in her very first ever vintage frock... um... made for vintage or what??); and with the two birthday boys, Torquil Arbuthnot on the left and MC Fruity Hatfield-Peverel on the right. Sadly my beautiful pink bow-print Swirl suffered a mishap later that night due to an unfortunate juxtaposition of tipsy me, a pocket and a bathroom door handle, so it is currently awaiting repair by the aforementioned talented Whistling Tailor. In this war on modern slobbishness there must be a few casualties. To my Swirl (and to my birthday!).

Lots of love,

Fleur xx
DiaryofaVintageGirl.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment