In training

Excuse the bad pun, I'm too tired to think of anything better!

I had the honour of spending today at the Watercress Line steam railway in Hampshire, doing a big shoot for a variety of lovely people. The instigators were World War II Re-Enactors Magazine, who commissioned me and Mr Tony Nylons to come and do a shoot for the cover of their Christmas issue, with What Katie Did and Heyday on hand to clothe, stocking and style me, so it was a truly fantastic opportunity for me. The magazine organised a nice re-enacting chap to come and pose as my soldier love, returning home for Christmas. I had a cheeky look at the back of Tony's camera at the shots of us surrounded by steam, and let me tell you, it looked fantastic! Obviously I can't show you any of them (or even see them myself) until the magazine is published, but I can't wait to see how they turn out.

Here's a sneak preview of the setting - another glorious day so not exactly Christmassy... oh well!



And here's what I wore to arrive and leave in!



My repro 40s overalls from Trouble MacKenzie, with a cheap old blouse and my faithful co-respondents, or spectators if you're over the Pacific! Thank you Tony for taking the picture with my humble camera!

Have good weekends everyone!

Fleur xx
DiaryofaVintageGirl.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment