Two Girls, Two Cups...

...and five lovely boys. It could be the name of a decidedly suspect DVD, but actually it was something far more wholesome. Well, wholesome-ish.

Last weekend, I went on a rather smashing mini-break in the Cotswolds, darling. It was a friend's birthday. He turned a practically child-like 24 years old, and, having grown up in the Heart of England, he wanted to host his party there. Who were we to object? The Bethy and I literally jumped at the chance of a night or two away from the Big Smoke. I couldn't go up on Friday as I went to a rather exciting casting on Saturday morning (not telling unless I get it!), so after I did that, I hopped on a train. Well, after I had managed to arrive at the station at the only time of day with a two-hour gap until the next departure. Then I after I got off the first train, I then caught another train.... then I had to board a coach...  a melodramatic sigh was issued! Let's just say I was ready for a stiff drink when I arrived. And by jove, what a drink I had!


The cups! Totally classy, plastic coconuts, courtesy of Bacardi (via Tescos). So us!



So, what does the well-dressed vintage girl wear in the country? Well, as everyone knows, along with a plastic coconut, a visit to a rural environment invariably calls for stripes.*

* An entirely historically accurate fashion rule.


This splendid skirt was my 30th birthday present from my best friend Gemma, and it came from the rather marvellous Violetville Vintage. It reminds me of gypsys (which, as you know are totally my thing at the moment), circuses and strawberries & cream. All of which happen to be some of my favourite things!



Do note the white Remix sandals and bangle abundance, plus extra scab exposure. The party itself was super fun, though very bad for photos, so I won't show you any. 'What about the next day?' I hear you cry!

Well, we went for a Sunday lunch and stroll in the local village!


Bethan and I found the cottage we'd live in if we ever got married. Bethan's lovely overalls came from Vivien of Holloway (but via eBay). I went lipstick-less. Well, I was actually wearing one of those lip-plumping glosses, just to try it out. You know, the ones that sting your poor lips to buggery! But it definitely worked... not convinced it will replace my beloved lipstick though. Wind, plus long hair, plus sticky gloss equals, well, sticky, glossy, wind hair.


An impression of the Apple spinny wheel was performed to perfection.


Then we played Xbox Kinect. Oh, the hilarity!


As you will observe, my namesake Fleur dresses are cleverly cut, so as to be perfect for pretending to dodge obstacles and collect coins! ;)


And finally, here's the glorious view that filled my eyes on this wonderful weekend. And the scenery behind these gorgeous people wasn't 'alf bad, either!

So tell me, what do you like to wear on jaunts to the country? ;)


Fleur xx
DiaryofaVintageGirl.com

PS. Do please forgive this entirely fluffy post after the recent events in the UK. But what else can I really say about the motivations of rioters on a vintage style blog, really? :(

0 comments:

Post a Comment