White (& red) out


London is currently blanketed by snow. Partially crippled in fact, as the trains are all up the creek and the roads are slippery, plus everyone gets to either go home early, or not come in at all depending on how far out of town you live, because once more the country cannot cope with a few inches of the white stuff. It's not like this happens every year or anything.

But snow has the delightful effect of making grimy old London look pretty, and across the commons, heaths and fields this weekend, people were outdoing each other to make towering snow people. When the man and I made a pit-stop in wealthy Clapham, south London (not one of my usual haunts, though my brother does live in those parts), we saw some snowmen with better scarves than ours, saw one woman carrying a small step-ladder away from an eight-foot snowman, and passed a snow-burlesque-starlet by the side of the road sporting fetching leaf pasties.


The light was fading as we snapped these outfit pictures. It was a totally lazy Sunday ensemble, bright but comfortable, warm but not too sloppy...



The jumper I'm wearing is knitted from the famous V&A Victory jumper pattern. The trousers are from Pinup Girl Clothing, and the merino wool scarf/snood (as opposed to a hair snood) was a present from my mum. It's not exactly vintage, but it is warm and not entirely un-retro. I've got almost no makeup on, but who needs loads of slap on a Sunday? My face is currently staging a protest against the weather and I have horrible dry/itchy/bumpy patches on either side of my nose... never happened before though, so I hope it goes away without medical intervention :(



These old faithful shoes are not the most practical for snow, but aside from wellies, they're about as good as I have!


By the way, thanks for all your comments on my last blog! Things haven't gone so smoothly in the last week, and I haven't lost any more weight. I feel like my clothes are marginally less tight though, so we shall see at the end of the month. Those thighs will reduce (though I will admit that cherry-red isn't the most flattering of colours)! More health-related musings will come tomorrow.


I hope everyone in snow-gripped countries is staying warm!


Fleur xx
DiaryofaVintageGirl.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment