We (Tweed) Run the world

Those of you who have been reading this blog for a while will know that the Tweed Run is one of the highlights of my year. I have only missed one since I first started going (back in April 2010) and that was last year's, due to me running a half marathon the same day - I went afterwards anyway. In between then there was the Tweed Run of spring 2011, and the Ralph Lauren Rugby special Tweed Run in November 2011 (some of the photos on those posts are broken, which is annoying).

A mere week and a bit ago, it was time to dust off the tweed (or I would if I owned any) and take to the roads on my trusty steel steed once more. It was the Tweed Run's 5th birthday and it was marvellous.

Firstly, here's what I wore! These pictures come courtesy of photographer Roxy Erickson, whose Flickr set is stunning and captured the whole day far better than I could!



With my fabulous Pashley Britannia! 

As you can see, I went for a red, white and blue theme, with my American Apparel trousers, red 1940s jacket and a practically vintage H&M blouse. Blue floral pumps for semi-practicality and my trusty Liberty Barbour jacket packed in the basket to shield me from the elements. Rain was forecasted and oh, it came.

Here are some shots of my day, as captured - badly at times - by me.

Zack (in red) and Pandora with some friends


Frida

Jacqui Tweed, the woman who started it all

Suzy and Frida with Katy Carr

Guy Hills from Dashing Tweeds with a ukelele and a tandem bike which he rode on his own 




My Vintage Mafia girls! 


We got absolutely soaked in the last half hour and, upon entering the pub at the end, was overcome by a tweed miasma... I've had a horrible cough since. I think it's TB. Tweed Bacteria.

Have you managed to hop along to a tweed ride in your hometown? And if there isn't one, well... start one yourself! It really is the best way to spend an afternoon (as long as it's not raining).

Fleur xx
DiaryofaVintageGirl.com


0 comments:

Post a Comment