Visiting the past

I would like to announce that I have failed on the 12 Days of Christmas Outfits. I spent the proceeding three days from my last post, holed up in my flat, wearing little of note and seeing no one to take photos of me, even had I been wearing something nice. Not wishing to subject you to a further three self-taken, cameraphone mirror pictures, I decided to quit while I was behind. I will make it up to you with some future, fancy pictures, promise.

But here's something a little different for you.

I have often posted here about a photographer I've now collaborated with several times, Tobias Key. Toby and I have done several shoots together with some of my very favourite pictures produced as a result. One picture I haven't shared with you is this one.


I'm not sure why I haven't posted this portrait. Taken by a large format camera straight on, I think it is quite uncompromising. But maybe it's just because I'm so thoroughly used to exploiting my 'best angles' and turning to just the right point to look as aesthetically pleasing as possible.

But actually, it's good to show a different type of picture once in a while, and even more so when it's part of a quite exciting project.

Toby has just posted up a blog with his latest portrait in the series, which he's tentatively named 'The Past is a Place I Like to Visit'.


This beautiful lady is called Simone, but she is not nearly so fabulous as my dear friend Miss Cherrylicious (who I haven't seen in ages and this must be rectified soon!), who has also been captured recently by Toby.


The sharpness of the large format camera gives the images a haunting property that works really well with the primness of vintage, and makes such a change from the cheery cheesecake that abounds these days. I hope to do another shoot for this series at some point. And if any vintage ladies and gentlemen (as I believe he wants to include the chaps but has trouble tracking them down, hence needing my help!) want to get involved with Toby's project, please contact him here, and tell him I sent you!

Fleur xx
DiaryofaVintageGirl.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment