Sieben, Acht, Happy Neu(n) Year!

And a very happy new year to you all!

England is currently in the throes of the Apocalypse, as I write, rain pelts my window and my parents sit shivering in the cold due to gale-induced power cuts. But all is not lost, for if it is the end of the world, at least the last thing you see will be pictures of my outfits from the last three days. I can't think of a better way to go. Assuming, that is, that checking blogs is on your 'to-do-before-imminent-death' list.

Anyway, enough typing, more visuals. The seventh day of Christmas is a biggie. New Year's Eve. I had been looking forward all week to partying with La Maf (only four of us as geography and germs sadly kept Naomi and Gemma away). We went, as previously mentioned, to Die Freche Muse - a decadent, vintage-themed night that saw the other girls dressed in floor length gowns and furs. Since I didn't have a new gown to wear, and besides which I am already heartily sick of winter, I decided to summer it up completely. I did have one rather snazzy new frock, which came from the amazingly lovely Miss Bamboo, and I wanted to wear it, weather and theme be-damned. So I did.

What I didn't do is remember to stop enjoying myself long enough to pose for a full-length picture. Nor did Hanson take any pictures in colour. I hope the official pics pop up soon, so in the mean time, use your imagination and the link to the Trashy Diva dress to imagine the colours....




Trashy Diva Trixie Sarong in the 'Pearl Harbour' print from Miss Bamboo, bangles in white, blue, green, red, yellow and bamboo to complement, bamboo earrings and white wedges from Remix, topped off with a large helping of gin. And that was NYE.

New Year's Day started with a rather piercing headache, soon assuaged by a delicious burger and viewing of Sherlock Holmes at the Hackney Picturehouse. This is what I wore.



A skirt which I had made for me, years and years ago, by TopRunway, a vintage 40s blouse (eBay), stockings and my winter boots again. Also, the last remaining undrunk booze from New Year's Eve, a delicious bottle of artificially flavoured Pineapple Daquiri. No one fancied it, either on the night or the next day. I wonder why.

Classy!

And finally, yesterday. We're back to phone cam again, and an underwhelming post climax (probably). Because the only 'outfit' I put on yesterday was my newest running gear to go and pound the streets of Surrey and work off some festive pounds.


This is me as a Nike Ninja.Full length leggings and a long sleeve turtleneck. Snug!

I also downloaded some audiobooks to listen to as I run... which turned out to be a great idea as I didn't get at all bored, though I think it made me run slightly slower as I concentrated on listening. Or maybe that was the mince pies and wine.

Anyway, here's hoping 2012 brings you all your hopes and dreams. But you have to be the one that makes it all happen!  I'm penning some inspirational, motivational posts which will be coming up soon, to help you be the most kick-arse, high achieving vintage (or modern) girl out there. But until then, look after yourselves.

Tchüss!

Fleur xx
DiaryofaVintageGirl.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment