A little sponsor love...

Sooo... how are we all? I see my last post garnered lots of lovely replies, and I am so glad that it left you all feeling motivated. I'm also really relieved that my inclination to wear lycra and run around hasn't scared you all off in droves. I'll always try to keep my posts on the subject relevant and interesting, I promise.

Anyway, back to the vintage style. I have a full on fashion, history and booze based picture post planned for you in the next couple of days as I set off for a new King's Ginger adventure to a far flung place (er...Brighton), but I wanted to pop in before that and show a bit of love for one of my most loyal and lovely sponsors, 20th Century Foxy. This fab site has long been a supplier of all things slinky and sultry, carrying Stop Staring dresses and Trashy Diva pieces among others. And, as you know, I've been a staunch advocate of authenticity for years and it's led me to eschew bengaline in favour of cotton and full skirts. But 2012 is, I've decided, the year I'm going to bring sexy back (to myself), and thus have accepted a wiggle-tastic Stop Staring frock as part of my sponsorship deal from 20th Century Foxy, which will be making its debut on here in the next few weeks.

But the big news is that in response to the rising prices and atrocious dollar exchange rates that has made importing repro items a little too expensive, owner Clare has just started up her own line which will gradually replace the brands on her site. And as she's been so lovely to me, I volunteered to showcase one of the first items in her collection, the 1940s Swing Trousers, just to say thank you. So here they are!





These trousers are lovely, made from a wool and linen mix tweed in a wearable colour that can only be describes as 'Ginger'. Not an itch to be found either, so no worries there. They're high waisted, but without a waistband, and I'd say quite generously sized on the hips. I'm in a 10, which is purported to be 27.5" waist, 37" hip, but my hips are definitely closer to 39 and they fit beautifully.

Why am I sitting down, you may ask? Well the inside leg appears to be around 32", and me being a lanky git has an inside leg of 33.5". They would be absolutely spot on if I had let down the hem, but I am not keeping these trousers - not because I don't like them, far from it; but because I have approximately 4 million pairs of trousers (give or take), and 20th Century Foxy's own label range is so newly launched, I do not need or want to take gratuitous freebies from it. So I was reluctant to unpick seams for the sake of a photo. I also would buy them, but you know... tax return poverty time. :(

I hope you'll go visit 20th Century Foxy if you find yourself in need of some new clobber, and support this hard-working, homegrown company! I thank you.

Fleur xx
DiaryofaVintageGirl.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment