In which I Act.

As I mentioned in my last blog post (which I am delighted to see so many of you found useful or inspirational!), I was recently invited to appear in a short film. This came about because I met director and cinematographer Rodney Williams at a gig - and after expressing an interest in my general look, we got chatting and he told me he thought I'd be perfect for a role in a surreal short film he was making for the Virgin Media Shorts competition. I explained to him I'd never acted before (beyond school plays, anyway), but he wanted to give me a chance despite this. And so, I did it! Nothing ventured and all that!

Here is the finished film, Zippo. It's a sort of dark, modern fairytale, and is only two minutes long.



What do you think?

Lots of people have been very nice and said they loved it. A few have said they didn't get it. The message is simply: 'Be careful what you wish for'.

The biggest hurdle I had to overcome was feeling slightly self-conscious as I acted, but even over the course of the two-day shoot, I improved on that front. Training obviously brings confidence as well as perfecting any natural abilities one may or may not have. I think doing something like this later in life has one advantage - I've genuinely felt all the emotions I was trying to portray. However, I found the whole experience very exciting, new and rewarding. So much so, that I've signed up for an acting course! I'm very much looking forward to doing it in a few weeks, and to hopefully undertaking more of this sort of thing in the future.

A million thank yous to the team for having me on board - Rodney Williams, Simon J. Riley, Aby Hamouda et al, plus my (actual professional) co-stars Luke Brandon Field (who is really going places) and Vivien Bridson.




Fleur xx
DiaryofaVintageGirl.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment