Perm praises

I am singing them!

I had my hair permed in March last year. So it's well and truly grown out from the top, but the ends remain resolutely wavy. And, while it's made my tresses almost criminally dry, that's paradoxically turned out to be a good thing, because I now go for marginally more regular hair cuts, to trim off the split ends. I say marginally, I think I've had two in the last year. But I am going for one in a couple of weeks as well, honest!

Anyway, I decided to go on a 16 mile bike ride round trip last Saturday, and I only had time to set my hair in hotsticks for about twenty minutes beforehand. It was a little bit damp, a little bit windy and not entirely warm. But I braved the elements to go and support my dance school Jive Connection as they did a demonstration in nearby Kingston. And I have to say, my hair held up pretty well...ish!


No brushing, 8 miles of cycling in damp air! Not bad! Ladies, I wholeheartedly recommend perms for long-lasting vintage sets. Just ensure you go to a salon frequented by grannies, because they are the ones who know their stuff. Worth every penny!

What about the rest of my outfit? Well...


Sorry for the scowl! I love my one-of-a-kind Heyday Fleur dress, made by Shona as a sample in some quilting cotton. Bangles abound, as usual!

Just look at these smashing folks, dancing despite the downpour...




This little number is one of Heyday's forthcoming designs... perfect for autumn. 


Health and safety is paramount here at Diary of a Vintage Girl, so it would be remiss of me not to caution you to dress appropriately for this Saturday's Chap Olympiad! You'll need a cardi and a brolly, if the weather forecast is to be believed. Boo! But a stiff upper lip and large amounts of gin are all we really need... Who else is going? I can't wait to unveil my outfit. See you there!

Fleur xx
DiaryofaVintageGirl.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment