Going Au Naturel...ish

Yesterday, despite it being a Saturday, I got up early. I then put on something I would never have been seen dead in, only a few short months ago... sportswear. I then headed off to do a 5km time trial around London's Bushy Park. You see, running has taken over my life! I've now done three Saturday morning parkruns, and I've knocked time off with each one. I can now run 5km in 24 minutes and one second, which I don't think is too bad for someone who only took up the sport in late March! But on my journey, I have discovered that sportswear is pretty essential. Wearing cotton jersey doesn't restrict your movement, but it does make you feel heavier as well as feeling clammy and horrid when you sweat into it. Which, when you're running full tilt for more than about a minute, you're going to do. It's still pretty awful, as far as style goes, though. I'm harbouring a not-very-secret desire to design some kit of my own.

I don't know if my original half-marathon in Scotland is going to happen now. What I would really love to do, though, is the Run To The Beat half-mara in September. But, readers, since the open places have sold out, I have to ask you something: if I signed up to run for a charity (yet to be decided), would you consider sponsoring me? If everyone gave me 10p, I could do it! T'would benefit a great cause, allow me to run a challenging, amazing race and possibly even give me the incentive to design a prototype vintagey, lycra-y outfit. Please let me know if you would consider it.

Anyway, back to the subject in hand. After my race, I felt like giving myself a bit of a break from my usual levels of artifice. I washed my hair and let it dry. I left my nails bare, because I had to remove my usual varnish for a filming job on Friday, and realised what a dreadful state they are in. Peeling a-plenty, no doubt from all the chemicals. I might let them breathe for a wee while. Also, though I did use my usual mineral foundation and eyebrow pencil, I decided to hold fire on the liquid eyeliner that's been my staple for nearly half my life. It's funny, but I don't feel that I look very good without it. Perhaps spending so long with not a scrap of eyemakeup on the film I've been extra-ing in lately has helped me get over this mental hurdle... Either way, I left it off yesterday.

As it was a nice day, I got my running-toned pins out in a little retro but modern playsuit that was another Matalan special. Here I am looking amusingly like a slightly grumpy fashion blogger in a test pic (we rejected this location)...


And here I am in a more familiar pose...


Phew, that's better! ;) I love this little horse-print playsuit, even though it probably won't last that long. I added my usual stack of bangles, this time in a matching black and white (a mixture of vintage and modern) and my trusty Lucky Lou slides. My skin is weird. In real life, I have a definite tinge of tan, but in these photos, I am as translucent as I have ever been! So what about this 'au natural' face, then?



The party hair is already no more, as you can see. I had this day of filming, and also I have a potential audition next week for which I needed natural hair... please cross every appendage for me on this front!

Anyway, so that is me, with minimal styling... do you think I have pulled it off? I better sign off as I am heading up to London to sell off some of my bits and pieces to the people of Shoreditch. If you're a Londoner, reading this over breakfast and wondering what to do later, then come along!

See you there...?

Lots of Sunday lovings,

Fleur xx
DiaryofaVintageGirl.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment