A Springtime Tart

As you all know, once a month, I co-host Tart at 40 Winks. It's a perfectly indulgent afternoon filled with delicious pampering, vintage styling, finger sandwiches, cupcakes and copious amounts of Gin. Which I cannot imbibe, as I always have to drive. This does mean that I have a steady camera hand! So, without further waffle, here's a selection of photos from last Saturday.


Our amazing sponsors and partners (clockwise in order of appearance) - Lipstick & Curls, Benefit Cosmetics and What Katie Did. We also had a fabulous lady doing semi-permanent eyelash extensions. Oh, how I wish I could have had some!


We had some gorgeous wares on display. My favourite things were the beautiful, sparkly, reworked vintage creations from Magpie Vintage (top two images). I also had to show off how splendid the weather was - we set up the garden for the first time, complete with bunting!


Our guests this month had to be the most stylish so far! All the ladies looked stunning and were the picture of vintage glamour! Mr Carter kept his audience rapt, as always. And of course, the most gorgeous gal of all, Naomi Vintage Secret was on hand to style and advise, looking a picture in a little 60s summer dress.


But what did I wear? I know you're all dying to see... ;)



I wore a lovely 50s summer dress, which was a fairly recent eBay bargain of $29. It's covered in flowers and, best of all, little hats, all pastel blue, pink, yellow and green! It's in such fabulous condition with the cotton crisp and the black deep and unfaded... plus it fits me brilliantly! Any suggestion on a better belt? This one came from a modern repro and it works OK, but I think it can be vastly impoved upon! No photos from the knee down as all visitors to 40 Winks have to wear slippers, and mine totally didn't match my frock!

So that was Tart in pictures! If anyone is interested and would like some more information, please don't hesitate to get in touch. I'm off to Sussex for the weekend, to help my beloved Mum run a conference. Have a super weekend everyone!

Fleur xx
DiaryofaVintageGirl.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment