V.I Buys - all kinds of everything

I can't believe that it's been a week since my last one of these ... I've really had nothing interesting to post about this week. Tea at Claridge's was something of a disaster as about halfway through, the chap discovered he'd got chewing gum stuck to his jeans from the bottom of the table. Not only are they expensive jeans, but he was actually really nauseated by it ... AND the smell of peppermint apparently interferes with the homeopathy he's on for his back problem. So we had to go pretty much immediately it happened. The staff of Claridge's were lovely, extremely apologetic, offering help and advice, brought me a free glass of champagne (which I only managed a few sips of before we went) and the chap an alcohol-free cocktail (which he didn't want) and only charged us for one tea. I had to leave the delicious-looking cakes behind (*sob*) but I did have my fair share of sandwiches and scones. And no pictures. Oh well. I shall put the money saved towards another tea on another day (and check under the table next time!). The jeans are currently languishing in the freezer, which is luckily one of those giant Maytag ones, with plenty of room as it currently holds a bag of petit pois and not a lot else.

On to the the pretty things! Now, I've spoken about my chum Shona of Heyday! on here several times before, but she just told me that she's updated her site with lots more of her lovely things, namely trousers and cute wrap tops. You may recognise the model! (click to see full-size)





She will soon have plenty more of her gorgeous reproduction ladieswear up, including these stunning dresses:





They have the most flattering cut, slight stretch, cute shoulderpads and, above all, wash up a treat making them perfect for dancing in. She also does some amazing menswear too. A thoroughly marvellous designer and a jolly nice lady to boot!

Now ... what if you've had enough hearing about all this affordable vintage reproduction clothing and want something a bit more costly to spend your pennies on? Then look no further than the utterly divine Madame Tra La La! Ooh, if money was no object, I'd be treating myself to a few gorgeous garments from here, particularly these two lovelies:



If you could hear me sighing wistfully right now!

The blue skirt would go perfectly with these gorgeous 40s style platforms available from Office in black or a lovely coral-red colour.



Finally, UK-based faux vintage lingerie company What Katie Did have just today announced the release of their new CC09 stockings and lingerie range.


I can't wait to go and try on the stunning new 40s-style bra, and the thicker new rayon and nylon stockings will be just the ticket come autumn ... I am particularly coveting the ones on the top left - the shade is called 'red fox'! How incredibly vintage!

That's all for this week, the long weekend for me is being mostly taken up by a hen party, and a very exciting shoot with a photographer I've been hoping to work with since I started modelling, so do watch this space for the results.

Adieu!

Fleur xx

0 comments:

Post a Comment