Dollybird!

I've mentioned her on this blog before, but I really have to say a big thank you to my beautiful friend, the talented accessories designer known to the world as Dungaree Dolly.

Dolly and I became acquainted through the internet before I had ever bought a bag from her, albeit in a rather unusual way. A few years ago, when I was still at university and living with some other boys and girls, several tattoo magazines lived in the bathroom of our house. One of them featured a stunning rockabilly girl on the cover, sporting an absolutely adorable sleeve filled with ice-cream, sweets and cakes.

Every time I saw it, I thought how cool that girl was. Fast-forward a couple of years and I found a link to a quite new website called Dungaree Dolly, which only had a few designs back then, but I thought straight away how lovely they were. But what caught my eye was the designer's name at the bottom of the page... the same as the girl on the tattoo magazine! I had to email her and ask, and of course it was the very same girl. So we got chatting a bit, then I ordered a bag for my best friend from her, followed by several more for me... and the rest is history!

But when I got my iPhone not too long ago, I decided that I wanted something to keep it in, and something unique, and a bit more me than most of the stuff out there. Being a confirmed Dolly-a-holic by now, I thought I would get in touch with her to see if she'd be prepared to make me one, and she was. So I ordered that and a new eyeglasses case to keep my cat-eye specs in.

They arrived just a few days ago. What do you think?



Well I was totally chuffed with them, but even more so because she also sent me a super sweet carry-all in the same fabric as the phone holder, to model for her! Talk about wonderful. So, because I am a girl of my word, I trotted off to the shoot I had on Saturday with my new bag, and had a whale of a time cycling up and down a country road in one of my Swirl dresses to get the perfect shot. I ended up with a few good ones, and I hope Dolly is thrilled with them.



I actually have one more bag to model but will keep that under wraps until I have my next shoot. The main purpose of the shoot on Saturday was to do some pictures for What Katie Did, for a book that Katie and Tony Nylons are putting together about the history of lingerie. I posed on a real, fully restored 1940s army jeep, in various bits of lingerie, and some more outfits from Heyday, so keep your eyes peeled for the latter, though I'm afraid you will have to wait until the book is published to see the former... although there will be some others I can post when I have them.

All the best, and keep a weather eye on the horizon!


Fleur xx

PS. I am planning on moving my blog to its very own domain soon, part of my main website www.fleurdeguerre.com, but I will keep reminding you all before the big switch so you can update your readers, and this blog will stay here as well, just in case. But just to let you all know. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment