Hair today, gone tomorrow

Sorry for that rubbish pun title. But I've had the chop! It was inspired by the mini shoot I did last week, for which I fashioned a faux bang for the first time in ages. My hair had reached that stage where the bottom three inches were basically dead. I permed it two years ago nearly to the day and the split ends were just getting worse and worse. I also had a completely frazzled front part from when I bleached it for my 30th birthday, the best part of a year ago. It didn't look too bad though, at a casual glance. Allow me to now show off these pictures!




These fabulous black denim capris are by Bernie Dexter, though a word of warning. I got these in the blue in a size small and they are absolutely perfect for me, but there is much less stretch in the black colourway. As a result, they are under much more... um... strain, shall we say. If I replace these in the future, I'll go up a size. But they are so fab and so flattering... they work wonders on your bottom, ladies. Mine is pretty ample, too.


But what about the hair? Clearly a fringe suits me... I even had a real one for a year or so when I was about 24.


Well, I'm being a bit of a cliche, but I decided to make some changes in my life, to go forward with a little bit of transformation, so it was time for a drastic haircut.  And here it is, straight from the hairdressers (and no proper pics yet, only phonecam!).


It's not quite a Bettie Page - it tapers down slightly at the sides instead of up. I haven't played much with vintage styling yet and I am definitely still adjusting, and am not 100% sure... I hope it'll grow on me!! Grow! LOL etc ;). Touch of 'fremorse', you might say.


Anyway, let me know what you think. Unless you think it's horrible, then don't let me know at all. ;) One thing's for sure, I can certainly make it look totally unvintage - rather extremely East LDN trendy!


Oh, and HAPPY EASTER! Hope you're all overindulging in chocolate, as is traditional.

Fleur xx
DiaryofaVintageGirl.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment