Angel things

Last Monday was no ordinary day in the life of me. For one thing, I touched up a tree...


No but seriously, I had some really exciting things to do. The first was to film a very important piece for a forthcoming documentary. By important, I mean silly, and by documentary, I mean it's a spoof one, following The Chap Magazine's Olympic Committee as we made plans for the summer's Games. The Chap Olympiad this year is rather special, for there's a rival event in town and therefore we've had to seriously up our own game (pun intended). We're extending it to a rather bonkers two days, over the 7th and 8th July, with the second day informally known as the Para(lytic) Olympics. I may be running a race the morning of the second day. Should make it... fun.

It was super amazing to be doing some acting, and it was quite a challenge for me to talk about how dreadful sportswear is and how I'd never dream of wearing it; all the while plotting a trip to Nike Town to buy some new running shorts. Anyway, I won't spoil it any more - I'll of course let you all know when the film is out. But my outfit, for the record is very un-athletic - my amazing Jitterbuggin Bybee dress, lots of bakelite and Rocket Originals shoes. Perfect for our spring weather.




I'm posing outside the  Zetter Hotel, where I went afterwards to accompany my dear mum to a launch event. You may know, if you're a long-time reader, that my mum does angel stuff. Well, the talented chap who did all the artwork for my mum's books, Richard Rockwood, has put his hard work, well... back to work. He's teamed up David Watson to produce a line of silk scarves, each one using one of his lovely illustrations. It's not exactly standard Diary of a Vintage Girl fare, but worth mentioning, both to support my mum and her friend, and in case you have friends that do like such silky wonders. The website is called Epiphany Angels and you'll hopefully be seeing the scarves in a department store near you - each one coming in a lovely box with a feather inside.

Here I am showing you how to model a green Nadiel scarf in a suitably vintage way.


Grace Kelly eat your heart out! ;)

Have an angelic Monday everyone.

Fleur xx
DiaryofaVintageGirl.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment