Quelques Fleurs

Ooooooooooooooh I'm excited to show you these! As I mentioned yesterday, Shona and I are proud to announce that the Heyday Fleur wrap dress, named after and designed for yours truly, has just been released in two new colours. And so, I am going to post some pictures! Yes it's very self-promotional, but you'll have to forgive me my gleeful plug of the following frocks, because they truly make me very happy, and that is something I have to grab when I can, these days!


Firstly, we listened to those ladies out there who expressed a desire for a darker floral print, and have released a special, limited edition English Rose on Black Fleur! I've seen this dress on gals of all ages and ranging in sizes from 8 to 18, and it suits everyone, so don't any of you ladies be under the impression that florals can only be worn by the thin or young! I adore the clusters of pale pink and cerise roses on high-quality cotton - so practical while it's not that warm outside, but still definitely wearable in the summer. It has the same, custom rose button to fasten, and of course, the gathered, rounded pockets and long, self-tie belt. Pair with green or pink accessories!


The second new Fleur is one that we feel will prove most popular with everyone, from the more rockabilly/retro among you, to the die-hard vintage gals. You just can't get plain black original frocks really - whether they just weren't in demand, or whether they were all just worn out, who knows. The late 40s cotton dress I have, that features a plain black cotton bodice to a black and white patterned skirt; is very faded from age and repeated washings. And most frocks of the 30s-50s seem to be in lighter colours, pastels, florals or even jewel tones, but rarely in dark, plain colours. And since so many girls come to vintage through being Goths or rockabillies, there is often a soft spot lingering for black clothes that can be dressed up with brighter contrasts. Or not. So... ta-daaa!

The Daisy Chain on Black Fleur is in a crisp, black cotton; and the gathered neck and pockets are adorned by a row of genuine vintage appliques. They're more like stylised daisies, I think, but that just makes them more practical! They can even be removed with a few snips, if you'd prefer something completely plain. We've put a daisy button on this one, to continue the theme!



The wrap style is so versatile and can fit a range of sizes (though if you underestimate, you might want to go for a slip underneath to avoid potential flashing... you need a good amount of wrapover to protect your modesty without! Or exchange, of course!). I always tie the belt at the back, but it looks super cute at the front, too. Make it your own! And, having tested it myself last weekend, I can confirm that with stockings, a slip and cardigan as well as a coat, you can start wearing your cotton frocks right away... until the temperature plummets of course. I'm not that crazy. But I almost am.

Thanks a million to lovely Shona for letting me model (though how could she not!), and to my Dad for snapping me. All the shoes in this post are by Rocket Originals, from my own purchases. Don't forget, we still have a few Fleurs left in the original, white English Rose fabric, so make sure you snap one up if you were planning to... once they're gone, they're gone!

Here endeth this plug. :)

Lots of love,

Fleur xx
DiaryofaVintageGirl.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment