News & a truly peculiar Halloween...

Hello good people of the inter-tubes! Another lengthy absence from me - how does time fly so fast? A few nice things have happened to me recently.

I went on a very fancy boat for the SS Atlantica party, followed by a day of vintage ships, fashion shows and swing music at the Thames Revival Classic Rally, which was sort of part of the Thames Festival. I'm waiting to see photos from the events so I can update about these... it was my first time being behind the scenes, organising a fashion show (for Vivien of Holloway: huge thanks to Vivien's new PA Emma, without whom it would not have gone so well) and it was a lot of fun. Talking of Vivien, I recently wrote an article for them, about buying wedding (and indeed any) dresses online, which appeared on Rock n Roll Bride last week. Do head on over and have a read, if you're interested!

I have been doing lots of bonding with my beautiful new kitten Pearl, who is a Turkish Van mix. She arrived very scared of me, and still is half of the time, but every day she comes round a little more. I've had to flea-bomb the house as she was covered in them, but the firework smell and resulting Febreze-ing was worth it for her non-itching!


Isn't she cute?

I went (rather unxpectedly, after all that VAGgate hoo-hah) to the glorious Goodwood Revival and spent the day working for the gorgeous Shona of Heyday. We had a blast, and I bought a rather splendid 40s repro hat, complete with huge feather. I can't wait to show it off to you all! I vow to go back one year and see the sights properly, as I've only ever worked there, but the smell of Castrol 'R' gives me such wonderful memories of going to racing things with my dear dad.



Here we are in the stall, with Shona wearing one of her new blouses! Stand by for a post on these, and my trip to a Trench museum very soon. At Goodwood, I was of course wearing my Fleur dress... and on the subject of the Fleur, let me take this opportunity to direct you to my friend Dolly's blog - she wore hers to THE most gorgeous Cornish tea shop!

I did some online retail therapy, and bought, for the bargain price of $14, a lovely white wicker handbag, just in time for the end of summer! I shall enjoy carrying this around with me next year (and probably still a fair amount of this year)!




In other news, my inbox has been bursting since I won the Cosmo Blog awards, mainly, it must be said, with London Fashion Week press releases that bear no relevence to my blog. If you've sent me a personal email and I haven't yet replied, I do apologise - please rest assured I'll get back to you soon! I've also just just joined the ranks of Handpicked Media, which is exciting - they organise wonderful events, the most relevent of which I shall be attending to bring you news of products and all-round fabulousness, in which my dear readers may be interested.

Talking of events, this brings me neatly onto another bit of shameless self-promotion - the launch of mine and Emerald Fontaine's Halloween extravaganza - The Fox Presents... Don't Dali With the Devil!



The website has been updated with all the information, but to save you clicking if you don't want to, let me sum it up. We'll have a wonderful band, Albert Ball's Flying Aces, playing music that spans WWI to the 1920s and beyond. We have DJ MC Fruity Hatfield-Peverel, a mysterious figure who's much in demand on the vintage scene. We'll have Emerald Fontaine and Tallulah Tempest reading out some suitably dirty poetry, and we actually have a special appearance from the delicious Vintage Poet Miss Mink, who will be reading out one of her very own WWII-inspired poems for us. Coupled with cocktails, outlandish costumes (as I say on the site, anything goes, as long as it's peculiar and old-fashioned! Victorian Steampunks, WWI soldiers and aviators, Cabaret Voltaire performers, Dadaists, surreal artists & their muses, elegant & otherworldly creatures. Vintage outfits from the 1920s to the 1960s are all welcome), strange and spooky decorations and even an upstairs smoking terrace, it promises to be a really great night. I do hope that if you fancy something stylish and surreal to do on the 30th of October, you'll consider coming along. I might even do a little ticket giveaway! If you'd like to publicly confirm your interest, then do head to the Facebook event page and tell us you're attending! Or even better - buy your tickets from our Box Office - just £10 in advance. We've sold quite a few tickets already, which is both exciting and relieving... ;)

Last but not least, I've just been sent some makeup by the kind people at Collection 2000, a makeup brand of my youth, that I've never considered using before. I am going to do a mini-review of their red lipstick, in the guise of a photo-tutorial on applying it in a 1940s style, next week. And I will have some makeup to give away, as well as a lovely piece of jewellery from my good friends at Glamour Kitten. So it's giveaways galore over here, and you won't want to miss them!

Phew, I think that's enough for now. I hope you're all enjoying your weeks :)

All the best,
Fleur xx
DiaryofaVintageGirl.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment