Hurrah!

A quickie from me to thank any of my readers who nominated and voted for me in the inaugural Cosmopolitan Blog Awards! I am delighted to say that I won! I was voted the top blog in the Lifestyle category, with some stiff competition. I thought it would be Domestic Sluttery for sure - I love their blog and they have so many readers! So when my name was called, I was completely shocked!

The other winners were:
Best beauty blog: Lollipop26
Best sex and relationships blog: Fairytale Beginning
Best fashion and style blog: WishWishWish, who is as lovely as she is stylish!
Best e-tailer blog: ASOS
Best gadgets and technology blog: Girl Geek Chic
Best news and current-affairs blog: Uplift Magazine
Best celebrity and entertainment blog: Kickette
Best new fashion blogger: What Emma Did. Emma will cover London Fashion Week for http://www.catwalkqueen.tv/.

I had a lovely time at the awards (the venue had the most amazing, space age loos), and chatted to some fabulous people, including Lisa from AlrightTit. I'm trying to find a list of the other Lifestyle nominees so I can list them here... will edit when I find one!

Congrats must go to all, because making the shortlist out of 15,000 nominations is amazing.

Here's a photo of me at the awards:



The official video (I'm at about 2.50 and again at 4.35) can be found here, but here's a 17-second Youtube video of me being pleased and flustered!



My glass trophy is winging its way to me now, and it shall take pride of place in my home. But where? I hear Hollywood stars put their Oscars in the loo...

Thanks so much to Cosmo and to my supporters - I'm truly honoured.

Fleur xx
DiaryofaVintageGirl.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment