Bits and bobs

Gosh, time flies doesn't it!

I'm just popping in for a catchup, and a quick post about something I am up to this weekend.


I get the odd request for appearances at events, but this is one that is quite close to my heart (or at least close to home!). I grew up in Haslemere, Surrey, and this sleepy little Home Counties town now has its very own Classic Car Show! This year is only the second year they're doing it, but it looks set to be a fun day. It starts at 10am with a tour of the local area (in classic cars of course), beginning and ending at Lion Green. I will be there from 1pm until 4pm and am looking forward to modelling, meeting people and browsing the stalls. If any readers are local, perhaps see you there!


I also haven't yet posted my photos from the last Tart. It was the usual glamorous affair, with lashings of vintage style. As always, delicious food and refreshing cocktails were served by Angel of Vintage Patisserie, we had a cocktail class from Emerald Fontaine, and a rather splendid talk on Etiquette from the smashing Liz Brewer from Ladette to Lady. We had some really fantastic vendors this time around, too, with Fifi Wilson's dresses and accessories going down a storm. The Benefit and Lipstick and Curls ladies worked their magic on a host of gorgeous ladies...



But this time, the transformation led one lucky girl to be crowned 'Queen of Tarts' and win an amazing powder-blue scooter, worth £650! Our gorgeous winner, Claire, was beaming from ear to ear. Doesn't she look lovely in one of my dresses (which is for sale if anyone's interested ;)...)?



That last shot is of her with 40 Winks' Severina and Mark from Direct Bikes, who generously donated the prize. I couldn't resist posing myself, of course... I think it went very well with my bow-print Swirl!



I leave you now with a mysterious teaser picture from a shoot for an incredibly exciting new project, which will be unveiled very soon...



Guesses below if you have any...

Enjoy your bank holiday if you have one, and your weekend if you don't!

Fleur xx
DiaryofaVintageGirl.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment