The sound of silence...

Wotcher everyone,

I just wanted to pop in and apologise for the fact that I've spectacularly failed to keep my new year's resolution to make this blog more substantive, because so far in 2010, there's been a complete dearth of interesting and informative posts on here. Since the turn of the new year I've been alternately working like a proverbial and spending days at a time with no makeup on and very dull outfits; and spending the weekends with my amazing new chap, whom I met on New Year's Eve. :) That's not to say I haven't dressed up nicely for him, because I have, but I am thoroughly, utterly and completely bored with my winter wardrobe! I wouldn't want you all to keel over yawning at photos of my getup, because that's kind of how I feel about what I'm wearing at the moment! I should probably get over it though, as we have a good couple of months before spring will really allow me to break out the cotton frocks and peep-toe sandals.

A couple of weeks ago, I was hankering so badly for something to draw me out of these winter-induced doldrums that I did treat myself to a new Swirl from eBay. It arrived yesterday and although I love it as I do all my Swirls, I didn't even have the grace and decency to feel cheered up! But first, the good - look how cute it is!


(Yes, I've been playing with those silly 40s Cosmo stamps again! Also, it's not quite dry, hence the darker patches... it's too dark in here to get away without flash!)


It would be perfect to wear to a VE-day do (despite being post-war) or any sort of patriotic party, don't you think? However, overall, it's quite tired-looking, with fading, several frays and worn patches; and I was gutted to find it had been shortened, badly, with the excess cut off rather than turned up. It fell above my knee, which is just too short for my tastes. I've let the hem down, and now it hits on the knee, though I'll need to prevent it fraying somehow. Another sewing project which will never, ever actually get done as I never do any sewing! I think I'll get the trusty fabric glue out again, as it worked a treat on my little pinafore.

All things considered, it is a nice little frock, but it definitely won't be saved for best. On the bright side, we all need a few items of clothing for knocking about in! I do have the perfect jewellery to wear with it, too!



I have also managed to snaffle some superb bargains at the charity shop recently, including a lovely hand-embroidered vintage tablecloth and six matching napkins, and some more crockery. But I shall save that for another post. I hope to have some more photos of events I've been to recently, too, because at least if I can't manage to think up something interesting to tell you, or yet find the time to do a tutorial; I can at least dazzle you with photos of lovely locations and stylish people (self currently excluded). ;)

So once again, sorry for the silence. I hope my mood, style and consequently my blog will pick up again soon. Let me know if you've found any bargains lately, and if you're as bored of winter as I am!

Fleur xx
DiaryofaVintageGirl.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment