A short fling with spring

I recently moaned about my boredom with winter, so a day last week spent entirely in cars and indoors seemed the perfect excuse to break out the bright colours and pastels and bring a bit of spring cheer into my life!

It was also a rather exciting day to be a part of! I was driving the lovely Naomi of Vintage Secret to be photographed by the equally lovely and very talented Julia Boggio. Naomi asked me along to do her hair, and we did shoot a couple of shots together, but the main focus of the shoot was on Naomi, Laura of Love Miss Daisy and Natasha Bailie - three ladies whose livelihoods are all to do with selling high-quality vintage. Also there was Naomi's second-in-command, stylist and PR guru Katie Antoniou, who writes a great blog called London Plinth.

Unfortunately, due to the closure of Tower Bridge that day, I got to Naomi horrendously late, and we got to the shoot even more horrendously late. So Julia (whom I am hoping to do a shoot with at some point!)'s first impression of me was hot, bothered, unmade-up and totally uncoiffed! I did rectify that upon arrival, though.

Here is a sneaky peeky of the day, showing the gorgeous studio and the three photo subjects!


Naomi is in the divine, pink peplum dress, Natasha is in the tartan, and Laura is in the forground of the bottom. You can see a glipse of Julia in the white shirt! Kaz Fernando is the makeup artist, and a jolly good job she did too!


I'll let you all know when the photos are published, should you wish to see them. But what about yours truly? Well thankfully there are no shots of me when I arrived. This is how I looked after I scrubbed myself up a bit!


I'm in my bright and colourful Vivien of Holloway overalls, my peach repro 40s cardigan, a plain white blouse and white Keds-esque plimsolls. Finished off with a white snood and some pretty shell, screwback earrings, I did feel substantially cheered in this get-up. Although it was decidedly nippy when the sun went down!


Thanks to the wonders of technology, I even make a cameo appearance in this bonus video, which Natasha filmed for her blog.



Next up, Tart photos and a rather inebriated Valentines' soirée!

Fleur xx
DiaryofaVintageGirl.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment