The weather outside is frightful...

It's been a bit brass monkeys out there for the last few days, but I snatched a few minutes in the December sunshine last week to snap some photos for Miss Matilda in her Lutie Mae 1942 dress! I tried a few locations in the garden, and quite liked the lens flare effect we ended up with... even if you can't see the details of the dress terribly well! (Sorry Miss M!)



I'm wearing it with my Showgirl fully-fashioned tights from What Katie Did, and my getting-rather-old pair of winter booties I bought from New Look a couple of years ago. Whilst not exactly accurate repros as they have a wedge heel, the suede and faux fur cuff definitely harks back to the overshoes of the 40s. I will cry when they wear out!

The belt is not included, but I liked the way it looked as part of the outfit! (Please excuse the creases - I was so keen to wear it that I put it on straight from the package!)



Here's the whole outfit... obviously a cardigan was essential for the season, too! Without the arty-farty flare effect you can see the richness of the velvet. I am now totally torn about which of my lovely frocks to wear on Christmas day! What are you wearing?

Fleur xx
DiaryofaVintageGirl.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment