A Riot of colour!

Where does the time go? I feel like I've hardly sat down for five minutes in the last week, so you'll have to forgive the rather long delay between returning and reviewing Rhythm Riot. It's so long that I've forgotten most of what I was going to tell you! Here goes nothing anyway!

I set off on Friday for the long drive down to Camber Sands. In order to get into the mood for a rocking long weekend of 40s and 50s fashion and music, I listened to... Metallica all the way there! hehe!

Arriving at the chalet that I was staying in with Monsieur Tony Nylons and Claire, manager of the What Katie Did boutique and makeup artist extraordinaire, I quickly unpacked and went off to investigate the special Rhythm Riot pinup photo studio! I was doing the hairstyling for a variety of lovely ladies. We had three fantastic scenarios set up - a plush pink boudior, a cute picnic and a seaside scene.

We went out for the evening, but I am sorry to say that this old lady can no longer cope with long party nights, and the early start Saturday morning was hanging over me like the proverbian Sword of Damocles. No photos either! (I am a terrible style blogger!) I had a pathetically early night of about 1am (given the dancing and carousing goes on until 5!) and arrived on 'set' at 10am sharp for our first pinup. I was fairly dressed down, as I was there to work, and not swan about. I tried to take a mid-morning breather in the beach's deckchair, but I found myself menaced by Claude the crab.


Raar!


Tony was hard at work all day, shooting our fabulous amateur pinups, as well as the divine Miss FanTeasy who was helping out all weekend. Here he is being very useful on set, demonstrating the art of the suspender-flash.


Miss FanTeasy's dress is from Vivien of Holloway, and the shoes are from Rocket Originals


Saturday night is the big night, for bands and for glamour. I wore my Able Grable Ann Darrow yet again, and got tons of compliments!



The best part of the night was seeing Clarence 'Frogman' Henry live! 'Aint Got No Home' is one of my favourite ever songs to dance to, and it's also in one of my all-time favourite films, Lost Boys!



On Sunday, I was feeling extra, super, mega tired, but had a lighter day of hairstyling. I got to meet the incredibly beautiful Jenny, whose blog Yesterday Girl is well worth a read! Her blog also contains much more entertaining and informative photos, which show you what it was really like at the Riot! One day, I hope I can go as a guest as you really can't get the full experience when you work. Ho hum!


Me, looking crumpled and lipstick-less with the gorgeous Jenny!


I got to do a little bit of modelling myself, too! Here I am in the brand-new 40s Fairisle jumper from Rocket Originals! I love the square neck so much. In fact, I am wearing it right now as I type this! (Their full shipment of the Fairisles is on its way, so check back with them in a couple of days' time!)


The shoes and bag are also from Rocket, the trousers are my good old Heyday ones


In the right-hand one I'm also wearing my AMAZING new glasses from Dead Men's Spex! Have a closer look as they really are special!



I ended up going home on Sunday night as I was so shattered, so here endeth my tale of Rhythm Riot for this year. I have some really fun things to tell you all about soon, and I will try a bit harder with my next post, promise! ;)

Toodle pip!

Fleur xx
DiaryofaVintageGirl.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment