A baby-friendly vintage look

On Saturday, I went off to see my old friend Alex, who has a 9-month old baby girl called Adelaide. She's teething, and I was warned in advance that I should wear something practical, to avoid getting dribble on my person! So I heeded the advice and wore an entirely washable, reproduction/ vintage inspired outfit.

Being both on a budget, we were limited to free adventures only, so we went off to have a stroll around in the garden of Audley End House. There was a miniature faux-roman temple in the grounds, at which I got Alex to take some outfit photos!


I'm wearing a peach cropped cardigan, knitted for me from a 40s pattern, a little ruffled vest top that came free with Elle Magazine last month, an 8-gore, early 40s pattern skirt I had made by TopRunway on eBay, and white Remix pleated sandals. No bangles to be grabbed. Comfy and practical!


I just realised this outfit matches the colour scheme of my blog!


Now, if you don't like children (and I'm not keen on strangers' offspring, though my friends' are different, so I'd understand!), then feel free to disregard the rest of this post, although if you can bear with me, there will be some comedy photos at the end!

Here are some pics I took of the dribble monster Adelaide, who is some kind of child prodigy, being only 9 months old and able to stand unaided for several minutes at a time. Not to mention toothy!


Cute, eh?





So then we had some fun taking some really serious photos...



Finally, on our budget adventure, we headed off for the Imperial War Museum at Duxford...

...'s carpark! There's not a vast amount to be seen in the carpark, but there is a WWII tank, which gave one more photo opportunity.



That's all for today!

Fleur xx
DiaryofaVintageGirl.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment