Fleur Does Disco

Well here's something a little different fr your 4th of July. I've gone all 1970s New York disco-tastic! Check me out, dudes.


It was all in aid of Future Cinema's Saturday Night Fever spectacular for which there are only two more showings - tonight and Sunday. It. Was Mega. I have never seen the film before (sound familiar? I hadn't seen Casablanca or Shawshank either). It was a lot darker than I was expecting! But I loved it and I loved dressing up and doing a Farah flick (seen here slightly messed up by the wind) even more.


I have a lot of 2010s does 70s doing 30s style stuff in my wardrobe, including this jumpsuit from ASOS with matching kimono (tied in a knot). Worn with a slightly wonky sheepskin jacket and my Swedish Hasbeens clogs it has a most definite 1970s vibe. I took my friend Jayne Kitsch with me, she wore disco pants (of course)...



Here's what we saw and did!




Big Apple Hotdogs! Best in London/the world! 


After the film started, the entertainment still carried on - dancers came up on stage during the famous dance scenes!


The usual mix of awesome and less awesome costumes were in evidence...


And even when the film was over, the stage show continued!


As always at Future Cinema stuff, there was loads to see and do, including a recreation of John Travolta's bedroom in which to pose...



...and the dance studio! 




I have to say, I really enjoyed dressing up in 1970s for a change - I might introduce the flick into my hairdo repertoire... 

Jumpsuit: ASOS
Shoes: Swedish Hasbeens c/o Spartoo 
Coat: Vintage, from a jumble sale


What do you think? ;)

Fleur xx
DiaryofaVintageGirl.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment