I don't do drab.

Drab is not me. In fact, I think I am allergic to it. I have quite a few items of winter clothing in blacks, browns, tans, greys and nudes, but in order to wear them and not feel unbearably boring, I have to pair them with something very bright. Whether that's a louder garment or jewellery, hair flowers, or just red lipstick, it all helps me avoid the dreaded beigeness (both the colour and the bland effect!) or blackness that can define winter outfits. Top-to-toe black can be very chic (and indeed I'm not always averse), but let's face it, if I can inject a bit of colour into it, I will.

But all the while we're having this fairly mild autumn, I'm sticking to my jazzy jewel tones and there's nothing you can do to make me change!



I get a lot of mileage out of these (rare as hen's teeth) Vivien of Holloway dungarees. I have them in several colours: these vibrant jade green ones, red as seen on here earlier this year, and cream, which, I'll be honest, make me look like a vintage painter and decorator. It's a look... but not one I've found occasion for to date!


Jade green goes splendidly with yellow, so when I had this cardigan knitted, back in the mists of time, I chose these shades. Luckily my psychic powers enabled me to see that I'd end up with a pair of overalls in almost the exact same shade! I've also got a ton of wear out of this H&M blouse, but I've never really worn it buttoned all the way up until recently. I think I'm going to get some ribbons to use as a sort of bow tie. Pale yellow would work wonders in this outfit, don't you think? My pale yellow plimsolls are incredibly impractical, but finish the outfit off well.



The final thing to show off is my subtle-but-definitely-there Lanzarote tan. And my huge new, 'just came back from a sports holiday' muscles. Well, okay, my arms are still weedy, let's face it. But they certainly feel firmer. I'm not quite Rosie the Riveter, but I managed to a complete a whole *cough*mini*cough* triathlon on the last day of a week of full-throttle exertion! Take that, world!

Here's to keeping some loud colours in your nearly-winter wardrobe!

Fleur xx
DiaryofaVintageGirl.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment