Sponsor Spotlight - Winter warmers

In the last few days it has chilled off a lot in London - it's not quite glove weather, but I was certainly wishing I had a scarf with me yesterday, when I went to the Hendrick's Horseless Carriage of Curiosities for a special brunch event. I'll be posting my photos in the next few days, so look out for those! But I thought with the change in the weather, it was about time I showed you the photos I took for one of my newest sponsors, Greetz From Tiz!


This super, Italian Etsy shop is run by a genuine enthusiast of all things 1940s and 50s. Tiz sells an assortment of hand-picked vintage clothing and accessories, but she also sells some fabulous own-brand reproductions things that are just up my street. I was absolutely delighted when she emailed me to ask if she could sponsor my blog, as her beautiful winter accessories are just what I've been looking for. The beautifully-wrapped package arrived quickly, and I took some pictures on the same day as my lipstick tutorial... good old photographer Dad!



This gorgeous red Bow Jumper is inspired by a 1940s knitting pattern, but is made in a tiny cotton knit. It has the cutest little pads to make the shoulders puff, and I guarantee it is going to get a lot of use this winter!



She also sent me this amazing knitted clutch bag and matching scarf. I chose the pink and purple combination so it looked smashing with my black coat, but they're also available in navy blue and grey, which reminds me greatly of the RAF! I love the chevron design of the scarf so much.



The final cherry on top was the little matching turban, which looks just so 1940s with one's hair tucked up inside! I think it would look just lovely with a little mass of curls or a roll in front! Recently, Ulrika over at the Freelancer's Fashion Blog showed how super a turban can look with your hair poking out the bottom, though when I tried it, I wasn't so sure. Maybe it looked less 40s... more cloche-like and this more 20s perhaps? Either way, go and look at Ulrika's photos for more inspiration on wearing a turban - I definitely want some clip-on pompoms, flowers and fruit for mine now!

Here's my version! :)



Do go and visit Greetz from Tiz if you have a mo, and browse her lovely items. You'll be seeing me in these a lot more before the winter is out!

Fleur xx
DiaryofaVintageGirl.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment