New Tutorial - Glamorous 1940s lips!

Morning campers!

The other day while working at my parents' house, I was having some photos taken for my article in the forthcoming issue of Milkcow magazine, which is all about small pick-me-ups - new lipstick or nail polish, and how to apply them in a vintage way. I decided to also bring along my camera and rope my Dad into filming a mini-tutorial! I wanted to warm up before I did the long-awaited and much asked-about victory rolls tutorial, and after discovering how much easier it is when someone is filming me, versus filming it myself, I can promise that the very next time I visit them, I shall do it, by jove! ;)

So this means I have a new little video to show you, and it's all about lipstick! For me, getting a perfect, authentic pout is an essential part of vintage style. If you look at any picture of a 1940s movie star, and take away the hair and clothes, they still have a period look, and it's got a lot to do with the shape of their lips! Here I show you all how I apply my lipstick (in this case I use MAC Ruby Woo with Cherry lipliner and their Prep & Prime) to get that perfect 40s look. The way I do it is not actually as extreme as Lucille Ball (who I mention) or Joan Crawford, but it's a very definite 40s lip shape. I do talk a little, explaining why I do this way, how to get it spot on, and how to avoid lipstick on your teeth. Enjoy!



In this video, I'm wearing a jumper from one of my newest sponsors, Greets From Tiz, who I'll be posting about soon. It's a sweater, for all you Former Colonials! ;)

Toodleloo!

Fleur xx
DiaryofaVintageGirl.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment