Fashion shows galore!

I just looked at my blog and realised it’s been over a week since I updated! I could have sworn it was just a few days ago … oh dear. Is this a sign of getting old? Hehe

So, last weekend, I took part in a fashion show at the I Knit Day at the Royal Horticultural Halls in London.It was a pleasure to meet the lady who wrote A Stitch In Time back in the 1970s, Jane Waller, and to see Susan Crawford again, who is responsible for republishing it. And oh, the garments! They were just divine! Susan’s husband was taking official photographs, which will no doubt be posted up soon, but I found these on KayB Knits blog, so here’s a taster. Thanks so much to her for letting me use them.



Not the best shot of me, but fab of the other two ladies! The lady is the middle is the wonderful Theodora of the Shellac Sisters, and the girl on the right is Susan’s daughter Charlotte.



Can you believe Theo knitted that fantastic dress herself? Man, I need to learn to knit … not least because I get a free copy of the book for being a model in it! ☺

Stay tuned for more photos of droolworthy vintage knits!

I get a lot of people asking me where I get my 40s style trousers. Being a tall girl (5’11”), I unfortunately can’t turn to the usual source of reproduction vintage pants and overalls, Vivien of Holloway, because even her longer length versions are too short for me. So I buy mine from a very lovely lady called Shona, who hails from NZ, but who can usually be found selling her designs at rock n roll events throughout the UK. Though she doesn’t do custom sizing per se, what she does do is hem them to the right length for you (in my case sometimes actually adding fabric on the bottom!) and she can also adjust the waistline for you. I can’t recommend her and her clothes highly enough. Here’s a pic (I have posted this on here before so apologies if you’ve seen it already!) of my in my favourite green pair:



She’s got tons of fantastic colours in at the moment, so if anyone is looking for a new pair of pants (or two!) please do get in touch with her – shona.van.beers@gmail.com or 07985040299.

Tonight I am off to the What Katie Did ‘Glimpse Of Stocking’ Lingerie Show, to mark the launch of their AW08 collection. It’s bound to be super glam and I am wearing my awesome new blouse from Big Beautiful Barbara Brown for the first time. I can’t wait!

Have a good weekend, all!

0 comments:

Post a Comment