Chill in the air

'At last', I head so many of you crying, as you finally start digging out the wool. It's not coming from my lips as I'm not a fan of autumn weather (golden leaves: yes, kidney chills as I try to cling on to summer clothes: no), but it does allow me to start talking about autumn fashion!

One lovely new company whom I had the pleasure of modelling for are a brand-new British brand, run by a very hardworking and enterprising young woman called Lizzi. She's been nose to the grindstone for nearly a year getting this off the ground, and so it gives me great pleasure to give her a big old plug.

Bettie Blues Loungerie is aimed at ladies who love to lounge (of course), and her launch range features both nightwear and her amazing Siren Suit - a loving recreation of a WWII garment, but one made out of modern fabrics for ease of care.





It's a two-piece set with a button-up top and high-waisted pull on bottoms in rich and stretchy jersey-lined velvet. It's a seriously warm set (especially when shooting on a hot day!), and couldn't be more perfect for the autumn and winter. The Siren Suit comes in black, purple and olive green - all are lovely! The pieces can be bought separately, and each one is also made in the UK as Lizzi is very keen to support British industry.

I also modelled an array of seasonal headscarves.


Winter Rose and...

Autumn Poppy. These gorgeous, pure silk headscarves are hand printed and hand-made in the UK. The summer ones were even more gorgeous, so watch out for those early next year!

The other model I was privileged enough to work with was the amazing Miss Banbury Cross. She is painfully stunning, with a figure to die for. Just wait till you can see the gown she got to wear! But this cute lemon yellow baby-doll set was pretty ravishing enough, let me tell you...





  Lizzi has also created two rather fab net scarves for protecting your pincurls at night. The Marilyn Scarf comes in black or pink, each covered with tiny ribbon bows...





The best thing is that I have a Marilyn scarf in my possession, which is going to be given away as one of the Grand Prizes at the very next Ric Rac Club Raffle! If you follow that link, you will also see the new Vintage Mafia site in all its glory, call it a soft launch before I shout about it all over this blog in due course!

I loved doing this little modelling job, and I do hope it will encourage you to pay a wee visit Betty Blue's Loungerie and support this fab new company.


Fleur xx
DiaryofaVintageGirl.com

PS Banbury's and my hair and makeup were both done by the super talented Miss Honey Bare of Heyday Honey.

0 comments:

Post a Comment