Delicious literature

Regular readers will know that over the last couple of years, I've occasionally moonlighted (can you moonlight when you don't have a steady job? Anyway) for Angel Adoree's rather lovely company, Vintage Patisserie. Angel is a woman with a passion, a talent and a drive that exceeds that of everyone else I know. I'm proud to call her a friend and colleague. And after a crazy year following her appearance on Dragon's Den, I'm even more proud of her. Because her thoroughly amazing latest project has just come to splendid fruition, in the shape of The Vintage Tea Party Book. See, not content with throwing the most tremendulant tea parties for hen dos, baby showers and engagement shindigs, Angel has now provided the world with the only tome you will ever need to throw your own, from planning, to preparation, to plunging right in and (tea)partying!



This book is a work of art. From its laser cut cover, beautiful illustrations by Adele Mildred, stunning photography and, of course, the recipes.


It helps, of course, if you have Angel's almost incomprehensibly large amount of vintage knick-knackery for presentation purposes, but the food itself is like nothing you've ever seen. Sculptural, creative, and of course, delicious. I honestly can't get over the creativity! There's something for everyone, and it's all quirky and unique.



Alongside the food, there are also some incredible ideas for boozy beverages, and, because the book aims to recreate one of Angel's popular parties, there's a whole section on hair, makeup and clothes!

As if the book itself wasn't truly spectacular enough, I was also honoured to be invited to the launch party! Held in 93 Feet East, where Angel's parties are often hosted, it was a delight to be served the delicious foods and drinks I have so often poured for others! So many wonderful faces were in evidence, including fellow Maf members, bloggers, journalists, friends, and my own mum!

Here are some photomagraphs of the festivities!



The beautifully decorated tables and the beautifully beautiful Sharon.


Angel and the lovely Lauren her right-hand woman!



Birds galore!


Me with my red-haired girl-dem!


Fun with mirrors and dominoes! 


Me again. I love this geometric-y 60s Swirl!




Well, I'll certainly do my best...! ;)

Truly, The Vintage Tea Party Book is a bible for vintage lovers and foodies alike. I have already given my best friend a copy for her birthday! I suggest you all definitely buy a copy for everyone you know.

To your very good health, cheers!

Fleur xx
DiaryofaVintageGirl.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment